Consulting Services to Conduct Analysis to Identify and Approach of Market Leaders in Sand Value Chain in Vietnamese Mekong Delta
WWF-Viet Nam is looking for a professional consulting service provider (consultant or consultant team) to conduct a stakeholder and value chain analysis of the sand value chain in the Vietnamese Mekong Delta (VMD). The followings are initial information about the assignment:
The project: Drifting Sands: Mitigating the impacts of climate change in the Mekong Delta through public and private sector engagement in the sand industry
Work location: Viet Nam
Duration of the assignment: 30 Jan 2020 – 30 Apr 2021
Supervised by: WWF IKI Sand Mining Project Director
Scope of work and major responsibilities:
- Describe the structures in the aggregates (sand and gravel) value chain: Which steps in value creation are there, and which actors are involved with each? (particular focus should be given to the construction sector);
- Provide a stakeholder analysis (private sector and State-Owned Enterprises – SOE) characterizing the interests and influence of key stakeholders;
- Identify market leaders in the construction industry at the different steps of the sand value chain in the Mekong Delta (e.g. as sand producers, concrete producers, infrastructure developers), including a rough estimate of the quantities of sand used by them annually during the last ten years;
- Identify the key investors of building/infrastructure projects in the Mekong Delta (including HCMC, Bien Hoa and Dong Nai), and a brief characterization of their legal structure and investment portfolio (i.e. geography of sand used in the construction sector);
- Develop and describe in narrative the system map relations amongst the private sector stakeholders within the Sand Value Chain.
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in economic development, socio-economics, natural resources economics, investments, economic master planning, industrial development or other related fields,
- Strong proven experience of stakeholders mapping,
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy,
- Strong previous experience working on or with the aggregates/ construction sector,
- Proven experience in mapping supply chains, preferably in developing economies,
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings,
- Extensive conceptual and practical knowledge of responsibility of and workings of country government,
- Experience of working and collaborating with stakeholders including Government bodies.
- High levels of energy, initiative and flexibility in quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements,
- Excellent understanding on Vietnam industrial development and Vietnamese Mekong Delta is an asset,
- English proficiency is a must
HOW TO APPLY:
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Assignment: https://vietnam.panda.org/en/get_involved/jobs/?uNewsID=365478
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to bid (either as a team or individually). The tender should contain the following:
- A technical proposal with brief description of why the service provider considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment, and a detailed clear methodology, on how they will approach and complete the assignment.
- Financial proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price (inclusive of Viet Nam VAT), supported by a breakdown of costs and indication of daily rate, as per the template provided.
- The technical proposal should also contain personal CV as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of at least three (3) professional references.
A soft copy of the application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Your email must have the subject heading indicating IKI SMP SAND VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS).
Please kindly note that each email submission may not exceed 25MB in size
Deadline for applications is 11th January 2021.
Only selected candidate(s) will be contacted on the outcome of their tender.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi