About usAgriterra supports farmers' organisations in fighting poverty, with advice from experts from the (Dutch) agricultural sector and with finance from the Dutch government. Our opinion is that strong farmers' organisations lead to more democracy, economic growth and a better distribution of income. We focus on economic development and work closely together with the Dutch agribusiness.
Agriterra is organized with a head office in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and has a network of 15 country offices spread over Africa and Asia, employing approximately 170 staff members. In Vietnam, Agriterra was registered as an INGO in 2017 and is currently active in eleven provinces (Hanoi, Hai Duong, Nam Dinh, Thai Nguyen, Daklak, Gia Lai, Quang Nam, Da Nang, Thua Thien Hue and Tra Vinh, Binh Thuan) with plans to expand further in the Mekong Delta. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic national candidate to be an Agri-Cooperative Advisor, based in Can Tho city (home-based) with frequent travel to the cooperative sites.
Support to agribusiness
- The Agribusiness team supports farmers' organisations in increasing their market power. They often lack solid business plans and entrepreneurial skills. Agriterra offers services to these companies to improve this. Connections between cooperatives and other kinds of agribusinesses and the financial sector are made.
- At Agriterra, the term 'agribusiness' means a company where the involved farmers have control, either directly or indirectly. This control comes either because it is a membership organisation with farmers as members or because agricultural organisations hold the shares and participations. Agribusinesses - usually cooperatives - lend their services to primary agriculture.
- They become clients of our team because they need knowledge, skills, contacts and/or other capacities to plan and realise their growth ambitions. A strong, competitive market position is therefore the aim to which the team of Cooperative Advisors makes its contribution.
- This contribution mainly consists of advice and technical aid in the field of entrepreneurship, business planning, financial management and day-to-day management. This way, companies become bankable: ripe for investment.
- A further step is that Cooperative Advisors with Agriterra, working in the region, approach investors and banks to ensure the success of the investment plans.
Position of Cooperative AdvisorThe Cooperative Advisor supports and advises farmer-led agribusinesses (farmers' cooperatives and farmers-owned/led companies, as well as farmer federations called clients) in sound operational management. The advisor analyses the client's management performance and uses this analysis to contribute actively to develop steps for management improvement and for assisting the client in development and implementation of a sound business strategy and a bankable investment plan. Furthermore, the advisor monitors the client's financial and commercial development monthly.
- Provide business development services to support the profitable commercial activities of Agriterra clients in the Mekong Delta;
- Provide advice on transparent business-geared governance of member-based clients aiming at increased internal capitalisation;
- Establish a strong base for Agriterra’s activities in the Mekong Delta and contribute actively to the goals of Agriterra’s Asia team in Vietnam.
- Conduct scoping and cooperative/organization assessments of potential clients;
- Advise clients on improving commercial achievements;
- Keep track of the progress of the clients' financial and commercial development and monitor the risks monthly;
- Facilitate the preparation and realisation of peer-to-peer advisory missions based on the clients' requests for advice;
- During frequent visits give follow-up on advice missions;
- Train and coach employees and managers of the cooperatives on a range of topics covering at least two of the following topics, financial management, business planning, governance, value chains, marketing climate agriculture practices and other relevant matters;
- Support and check on activity plans, budgets, and timely reporting on project results.
- Contribute to establish several agricultural cooperative client projects in the Mekong Delta, with external funding.
- Result-driven agribusiness advice featuring tailor-made financial, business and governance support that fulfils Agriterra specific aims while at the same time meeting the demand of the clients.
- Advice on improvement of the clients’ (agribusiness) internal organization, position on the market and growth ambition.
- Increase number of farmer organisations in Agriterra’s portfolio having a potential healthy agri-business, having access to loan capital and/or financial services and/or having a sustainable and effective service provision system to members.
- Client satisfaction, as well as satisfied parties in the business sector, investors, financial institutions, development organizations.
Qualifications and experience
- A bachelor degree in relevant field e.g., Environmental economics; Development economics; Aquaculture, Natural development, Agri-business, Entrepreneurship or another related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience at international organisation(s); work experience in private sector on agri-business is a credit.
- At least 3 years of work experience supporting aquaculture development projects in Mekong Delta
- Understanding of and experience in agricultural projects, cooperations, advisory services, financial project management, monitoring and evaluatin, donor reporting and/or business development.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and other languages where relevant). Good computer skills in MS-applications (MS Office).
- Experience in development proposal writing is an advantage
- Willing to travel to other provinces.
- Skills: interpersonal, organizing, coaching and, communication skills.
- Personal qualities (traits): initiative, problem-solver, team player, decisive, helicopter view,
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Contract DurationThe selected candidate will be offered initially for one-year employment contract with two months’ probation time and possibility of extension subject to availability of funds. The position gives the selected candidate many opportunities for career development within the organisation if growth of the program will develop as expected.
The closing date for application: 20 May 2022.
How to Apply:Interested candidates can send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi