Terms of Reference
Counter Trafficking in Persons Training Consultant
Support to Vietnam law enforcement training in counter trafficking in persons
Position: Counter Trafficking in Persons Training Consultant
Duration: Up to 55 days inputs over a period of May 2020-March 2021
Reports to: Country Manager – Vietnam
Location: Hanoi and travel requirements within Vietnam
Performance Management and Reporting Framework: DFAT Adviser Performance Assessment and relevant program reporting framework
Deadline for applications: 5PM Bangkok time, 3rd May 2020
Contact details: Queries relating to this position should be directed to email@example.com
It is essential that you quote “Counter Trafficking in Persons Training – Vietnam” in your e-mail title, or you may not receive a response.
About the organisation
Cardno is a global consulting organisation that manages projects for major donors, delivering aid work in various disciplines such as education, health, governance, resource and environment management and infrastructure. Our work expands across Europe, Latin and North America, Asia, the Pacific and Africa. With over 6,000 staff worldwide, our vision is to be a world leader in the provision of profes0sional services to improve the physical and social environment
About the program
ASEAN–Australia Counter Trafficking (ASEAN-ACT) continues Australia’s long running collaboration with ASEAN and its member states to end human trafficking in our region. The program will principally work on strengthening the justice sector response to human trafficking, while opening new partnerships with allied government agencies, civil society and business. It will engage all 10 ASEAN Member States in some capacity and will continue national-level programming in Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
The overarching goal that ASEAN-ACT will contribute to is that ASEAN member states have effective justice systems that provide just punishment of traffickers and protect the rights of victims. Three end-of-program outcomes (EOPOs) together contribute to the achievement of this goal by 2028:
- EOPO1: ASEAN’s planning, monitoring and reporting of ACTIP implementation is increasingly effective and advances the protection of victim rights.
- EOPO2: ASEAN member state justice and related state agencies are increasingly capable of implementing their ACTIP obligations, in particular those that uphold victim rights.
- EOPO3: ASEAN member state justice and related state agencies’ policies and practices are influenced by relevant stakeholders and better aligned with ACTIP, especially in connection to victim rights obligations.
Previous Australian Government support to Vietnam has included the development of the Reactive Investigation Training Curriculum which was endorsed by the People’s Police Academy and embedded in the People’s Police Academy’s Training Courses on Counter-TIP for Criminal Police since 2017.
During ASEAN-ACT’s facilitated capacity assessment workshop in 2019 law enforcement agencies identified the need to strengthen the ability to deliver their counter trafficking mandates as a priority area for support. Feedback received as that front-line law enforcements officers require increased technical knowledge in counter human trafficking, particularly in victim identification to achieve the outputs in
Vietnam’s National Plan of Action.
From 2018 to 2020, the Ministry of Public Security undertook a reform activity and assigned a major number of police officers to work in communes. To assist Vietnamese justice and related state agencies implement their ACTIP obligations, particularly upholding victims’ rights, ASEAN-ACT is extending the previous Australian Government support to strengthen the existing Vietnamese law enforcement training and professional development systems.
To deliver this support in a sustainable manner ASEAN-ACT will work with the People’s Police Academy (PPA), Criminal Police Department (CDP) and Police College (PC) to build a core group of trainers to deliver capacity building programs on Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) for law enforcement officers. These trainers will be from the PPA, CPD, PC and selected provincial law enforcement officers/investigators. Materials, guides and trainers will all form part of the existing government systems
This input forms part of ASEAN-ACTs initiatives to improve Vietnam’s ability to meet the goals in its National Plan of Action and obligations to the ASEAN Convention Against Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children. The focus is on front line law enforcement offices ability to better handle the information and crime report on TIP, better detect and investigate TIP cases as well as identify, rescue and protect victims in TIP cases faster and more effectively.
To achieve this objective ASEAN-ACT will engage a Counter Trafficking Training Consultant or Consultants to work collaboratively and in cooperation with the PPA, CPD, PC and ASEAN-ACT team to:
- Design and develop a pilot training program with a focus on inclusion and victim rights for police trainers in CTIP for Law Enforcement for their better responses in combating and prevention of trafficking in persons.
- Deliver the tailored Training of Trainers program to selected members from the PPA, CPD, PC.
- Based on the performance of the participants in the training of trainer’s program select a cohort of participants to be trained as Master Trainers.
- Design and develop a pilot training program for Master Trainers.
- Deliver the tailored Master Training Program to the selected cohort of Master Trainers.
Areas of Responsibility
Under the supervision of the Country Manager – Vietnam and working collaboratively with ASEAN-ACT’s Inclusion and Victims Rights Director (IVRD) and Justice Systems Director (JSD), the Counter Trafficking Training Consultant will be responsible for:
CTIP Trainer Skills Improvement and Curriculum Development
- Drafting an outline of the Training of Trainers’ Guide with a focus on inclusion and victim rights, seeking inputs from ASEAN-ACT’s team and aligning the guide to materials being used in the current CTIP training materials used by the PPA, CPD and PC.
- Developing the Training of Trainers’ Guide including participant materials, templates and tools based on the agreed outline and seeking inputs from ASEAN-ACT’s team, and consulting with the PPA, CPD and PC.
- Designing a Training of Trainers’ training course on CTIP with a focus on inclusion and victim rights for Trainers of Law Enforcement to be delivered to selected trainers from the PPA, CPD and PC.
- Delivering of the Training of Trainers’ course on TIP for Law Enforcement with the expectation of making a positive change in the teaching methodologies for participants.
CTIP Master Trainer Skills Improvement and Curriculum Development
- Drafting an outline of a Master Trainers’ Guide with a focus on inclusion and victim rights and in consultation with ASEAN-ACT’s Team.
- Developing the Master Trainers’ Guide and related tools based on the agreed outline and in consultation with ASEAN-ACT’s Team and MPS officials to finalize the materials.
- Designing a Master Trainer Course with a focus on inclusion and victim rights on CTIP for Trainers of Law Enforcement, including materials, templates and tools for selected TOT participants.
- Recommend a group of Master Trainers from the cohort of participants of the Training of Trainers’ course on TIP for Law Enforcement based on the set criteria and their performance in the course.
- Delivery of Master Trainer Courses on TIP for Trainers of Law Enforcement with the expectation of making a positive change in the teaching methodologies for participants.
The Consultant is expected to deliver the following outputs:
CTIP Trainer Skills Improvement and Curriculum Development
- An outline for the Training of Trainers’ Guide for Law Enforcement on CTIP
- A Training of Trainers’ Guide for Law Enforcement on CTIP
- Training of Trainers’ participants’ Guide
- Training of Trainers’ Training Course for Law Enforcement on CTIP. The Training of Trainers’ Training Course should have skeleton curriculum with suggested diverse and interactive methods and tools, PPT, case studies, hand-outs for each session Delivery of the two TOT courses for Law Enforcement on CTIP (each last for 5 days) in a Vietnamese city/province.
- A training report after each TOT training (total 2 training reports) summarizing the training results, recommendations, and suggestion for selection of Master Trainer course’s participants.
CTIP Master Trainer Skills Improvement and Curriculum Development
- An outline for the Master Trainers’ Guide for Law Enforcement on CTIP.
- A Master Trainers’ Guide for Law Enforcement on CTIP
- Master Trainers’ participants’ Guide
- A Master Trainers Course on CTIP for Trainers of Law Enforcement. The course should have skeleton curriculum with suggested diverse methods and tools, PPT, case studies, hand-outs for each session
- Delivery of the Master Trainer Course for Trainers of Law Enforcement on TIP.A training report after Master Trainers Course
- A report on the Master Trainer’s Training course
Note: Output # 1, 5, 6, 11 should be in English, other outputs can be either in English or Vietnamese.
Qualifications and experience:
- Post Graduate qualification (or equivalent advanced university degree) in Political Science, Social Science, International Relations, International Development, Law, Education and Training or relevant areas
- Good knowledge and understanding on legal framework and trafficking in persons in Vietnam
- Proven knowledge and experience in conducting TOT training, Master
- Trainer Training and development of TOT training and Master Trainer course materials
- Ability to work with Law Enforcement officers.
- Experience in applying some applications or online techniques in training delivery.
- Good command in Vietnamese and/or English language and experience in the region will be highly regarded
- Good understanding of Vietnamese criminal justice and political systems
- The consultant will report directly to Country Manager in Vietnam, provide regular updates and share expected delivery results for Country Manager review and input. Country Manager-Vietnam and other Long-term Technical Advisors will provide timely comments to the consultant’s work and address any request by the Consultant within a reasonable timeframe
- The Consultant will determine his/her final work schedule, outline and methodology at the beginning of the assignment. The work schedule will set clear deadlines for the completion of each expected deliverable.
How to Apply
Duration of the consultancy: 55 days
Starting date: May 2020
Deadline for application: 3rd May 2020
Interested applicant must submit: (a) letter of interest (1-page max.) and (b) curriculum vitae. Applicants should clearly indicate evidence of relevant practical experience in development of TOT materials, Master Trainers’ guide and delivery of TOT training and Master Trainers Training.
Application shall be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Counter Trafficking in Persons Training – Vietnam” included in the email subject.
People with a disability, women and ASEAN nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates under positive consideration will be notified.
Amendments to the position’s Terms of Reference may be made during the period of the engagement as required.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our International Development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and will include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer
Cardno encourages women to apply. Cardno recognises the moral and legal responsibility to provide an equal opportunity workplace by ensuring that all recruitment and selection decisions are based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine inherent requirements of the position.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
21/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank