- Location: Ha Noi preferred/ Remote locations considered
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home - the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainably.
About WWF-Viet Nam
WWF-Viet Nam was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Viet Nam. In 1985, WWF-Viet Nam began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environmental issues and implemented field activities across the country. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/. WWF-Viet Nam recognizes that its employees are its most important asset. A competent workforce, thoroughly trained, properly motivated and bound together by mutual trust and common objectives is crucial to the success of WWF-Viet Nam.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position of Counter Wildlife Trafficking Technical Advisor, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW), based in Hanoi preferred; remote locations considered.
The Counter Wildlife Trafficking (CWT) Technical Advisor is responsible for supporting the Deputy Chief of Party and three Technical Leads with the development and delivery of approaches to counter wildlife trafficking and address the illegal wildlife trade for the Saving Threatened Wildlife project. This includes providing technical advice and guidance on CITES regulations, development and delivery of training material, online wildlife trafficking and financial crimes.
The CWT Technical Advisor reports to the Chief of Party and will work most closely with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and Technical Leads of the project.
- Advanced degree in environmental science, natural resource governance, law enforcement, policy, or related fields.
- At least 10 years of applied working experience in countering wildlife trafficking or law enforcement mechanisms.
- Fundamental understanding of legal and illegal wildlife trade mechanisms and extensive experience in supporting improved governance, including engagement with relevant national and international agencies.
- Experience in assessing law enforcement capacity and systems and in engaging, supporting, capacitating, and mobilizing multi-agency enforcement teams.
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Collaboration, Respect & Integrity.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Counter Wildlife Trafficking Technical Advisor
- The detailed JDs: 20230324-jd-cwt-technical-advisor are attached. Send us your curriculum vitae & cover letter in English, naming each file: “Full name - CV/CL”.
- For external candidates outside the WWF network, please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject line: CWT Technical Advisor (USAID STW) - Fullname.
The deadline is April 06th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi