SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralized management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 40 national and international staff, working on Agriculture and Renewable Energy projects, with a particular focus on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation and Gender Equality. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi, with branch offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Da Lat and implements projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
SNV Vietnam is now seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Country Finance Officer. The Country Finance Officer supports the country’s finance function. Country Finance focuses on a correct and exhaustive country and project finance, reported in a timely manner and which is compliant to SNV policies and procedures as well as donor procedures, regulations and guidelines.
The Country Finance Officer checks, executes, consolidates and reports on financial and non-financial data in the country and checks financial project administration. Ensures the stability and transparency of the overall country finances, in order to be compliant to SNV’s corporate financial guidelines and procedures as well as donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations.
· Formulates country level financial strategy and develops it into policies and actionable work plans.
· Contributes to global financial strategy
· Accurately describes financial health of SNV/country into the future (2-3 years)
· Develops and presents regular and accurate financial plans to internal stakeholders regarding the financial status of all projects as well as the overall country financial situation
Financial Management, Planning & Control
· Ensures compliance with internal and external procedures and guidelines concerning financial administration of programs and projects
· Ensures compliance with SNV corporate and generally accepted accounting policies and procedures
· Leads annual budgeting process and periodical forecasting
· Establishes credit management procedures for donor invoicing and fund management
· Monitors FX rate trends and its impact on donor budgets
· Contributes to ongoing efficiency improvement of projects to bring down overhead costs.
· Supports budget holders in ensuring compliance to budget procedures and donor / corporate regulations
· Ensures control, monitoring and execution of all financial related activities in country
Financial Accounting & Administration
· Monitors, analyzes and reports on fund depletion on a regular basis
· Manages liquidity within the country and liaises with SNV and donors regarding fund availability
· Ensures appropriate accounting at the country level
· Ensures tax and legal compliance.
· Monitors validity of PoA of CD and Country Agreement
· Manages and periodically reviews insurance policies
· Monitor time writing administration
· Coordinates risk assessments, formulates budgets, establishes fees, coordinates contract signing, and manages the flow of funds for all business development initiatives
· Leads process for producing and approving full cost recovery assessment of all new contracts
· Reviews donor contracts before signing
· Ensures reliable revenue forecasting in SNV systems
· Supports project administrator (or similar position) with contract management during implementation
· Support PMs to generate the appropriate financial reports on fund depletion from the system
· Provides accurate and timely financial data and invoices to our donors according to contract conditions
· Ensures proper financial and administrative closing of projects in line with donor and SNV guidelines
Finance Team Management
· Directly manages finance team
· Leads, motivates, and develops finance team staff
· Recruits finance support staff as necessary to ensure the adequate and effective management of country finances
– (Proficiency level equivalent to) Master or Bachelor’s degree in Finance, accounting and proven experience (more than 10 years) in finance
– Ability to manage multiple donor budgets
– Sound understanding of Vietnamese law covering financial regulations, tax and labour law
– Sound analytical and numerical skills
– Dynamic and entrepreneurial
– Good interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with government officials and donors and work well in team settings
– Good leadership skills and a positive hands-on attitude
– Good command of spoken and written English, fluent in Vietnamese
– Computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point, Internet and E-mail
Contract Duration: one -year contract with renewable based on the performance.
Desired start date: 1st Jan 2021
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and CV, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package and contacts of up to 3 referees of your past employment via this site https://bom.to/mxCX0ld by 25 November 2020 latest.
Applications will be reviewed and the interviews will also be conducted on a rolling basis to identify appropriate candidates as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)