Country Manager - LABS, Vietnam
The mission of IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative is to catalyse systemic change through collaborative action and to achieve market transformation for impact at scale. IDH convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Starting its operation in Vietnam in 2010, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and civil society organizations working on coffee, tea, cocoa, spices/pepper, aquaculture and apparel/footwear sectors.
In 2019, IDH together with brands have launched Life and Building Safety (LABS) Initiative in Vietnam. LABS Initiative is an industry-driven program, in which multiple brands and retailers are joining forces with public organizations to operate a scalable program to mitigate preventable fire, electrical and structural safety risks in key apparel and footwear producing countries in a targeted way.
Many workers in key apparel producing countries work in unsafe environments which can have lethal consequences. That’s why it’s the mission of the Life and Building Safety (LABS) Initiative to provide safer working conditions for factory workers in the apparel and footwear industry.
We organize our activities around identifying and solving risks related to fire and electrical hazards, structural building safety, and evacuation, so workers can lead better lives.
This is done by developing country-specific solutions. Here, we create a life-safety program that delivers a harmonized framework for monitoring, assessment, risk reduction, and remediation.
More details of the LABS Initiative can be read on its website: (http://www.labsinitiative.com)
LABS is recruiting Country Manager for its operations in Vietnam, based in either city of Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi.
Strategic Program Development
- Contribute constructively to strategic planning, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of programme activities in the country.
- Institutionalize Strong Systems and Processes for the programme development consistent with funder and stakeholder priorities and direction
- Advancing at country level, country related work of the programme
- Responsible for managing all operations and administrative management including ensuring accelerated pace of programme development and its progress, liaison with multi and bi-lateral stake holders
- Responsibility for ensuring targeted results and impact in the development and implementation of the program with operational support and guidance from the IDH HQ Program Management Team and LABS Lead
- Run the required Vietnam program facilitation, administration and reporting within the overall regional structure
- Manages contracts with implementing partners, Inspection Firms, Training Firms and consultants (with legal and administrative support of the IDH Operations team
Stakeholder Management and Networking
- Promoting LABS programme to expand its Outreach
- Responsibility for working on the maintenance and expansion of the relevant network in the sector
- Manage and support public sector engagement
- Managing partnerships with key stakeholders and Governments.
Supporting the Requirements
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships and build rapport with stakeholders and clients
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English (essential)
- Ability to think conceptually around complex issues
- Experience in project management and leadership of teams
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience and 5 in a leadership role
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and above.
- Prior engineering experience and or work in the Apparel & Footwear sector would be a bonus.
- Willingness to travel.
Terms and conditions
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with very high possibility to extend. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, Sarobindo Malhotra, LABS Lead, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and copy to Vietnam@idhtrade.org before 19th Feb 2021 mentioning “Application for LABS Country Manager” in the headline.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy