Closing date: Monday, 10 May 2021
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Additional Category: Management
Languages Required: English
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls.
The Country Representative operates in a matrix management model, primarily accountable and reporting to the relevant UN Women Regional Director on UN Women -specific mandates, activities and results.
The Country Representative is responsible for leading and managing the Bangladesh Country Office portfolio and for translating the UN Women\'s Strategic Plan (SP) in line with regional and national priorities
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage the strategic country programme planning and development
- Develop and implement strategic direction of the country;
- Lead the design, planning, formulation, preparation and development of the Country Strategic Note in close consultation and collaboration with the government, civil society, donors, UN system partners and the Regional Director...
- Provide substantive advice to the Executive Director, Regional Director, and Senior Management on the regional strategy.
- Manage and ensure the quality of results-based and rights-based programming for the CO.
- Lead the monitoring of the results-based management approach to program planning and design.
2. Manage the Bangladesh Country Office
- Lead the office in the delivery of operational goals; Finalize the annual work plan and budget; and oversee the implementation.
- Oversee and approve programme work plans
- Manage the preparation of UN Women mandated country reports;
- Manage the audit review process and timely response to audit reports;
- Provide managerial direction, guidance and leadership. Ensure effective workforce planning and timely recruitments; Manage the performance of personnel under their supervision; provide ongoing performance and career development feedback, timely completion of performance assessments and coaching;
- Ensure that personnel are familiar with and follow UN Women\'s regulations and rules, policies and procedures in the Policy, Procedures and Guidance Framework (PPG).
- Promote teamwork to ensure harmonization, linkages, collaboration and synergy; Ensure a respectful.
3. Provide support to the Resident Coordination and serve as a member of UN Country Team
- Serve as member of the UN Country Team (UNCT) under the strategic guidance and coordination of the UN Resident Coordinator (RC)/Humanitarian Coordinator (HC), collaborate on and lead as needed UNCT programming and advocacy to ensure gender equality and women\'s empowerment issues are fully integrated into UN programming processes.
- Partner with RC and UN system partners to strengthen UN system interagency coherence, collaboration, planning, cooperation, and harmonization of programming, advocacy, common services, and operations.
- Actively engage in and contribute to UNCT strategic communications that advance UN system efforts and collective results to promote Agenda 2030
- Ensure UN Women\'s active participation in UN system thematic and other working groups to establish effective networks and keep abreast of ongoing debates and thinking on development
- Ensure organizational position, interests and priorities are fully considered and integrated in the UNSDCF development planning and agenda/priority setting for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Ensure enhanced accountability of the UNCT on gender mainstreaming and works for with the RC and on the implement the UNCT SWAP Gender Equality Scorecard
- Participate in RC and UNCT members\' performance appraisal, as requested
4. Represent UN Women and lead advocacy strategies
- Represent UN Women in intergovernmental forums, public information/relations events and key meetings, participate in policy dialogue; discuss policy initiatives, report on progress achieved and/or present policy papers/ideas;
- Build relations and partnerships with high level and senior government officials.
- Lead and support advocacy for gender equality and women\'s empowerment to ensure UN support towards realization of the national plans and priorities are done in a gender responsive manner, and within agreed international frameworks that promote and protect gender equality.
5. Create and maintain strategic partnerships and manage resource mobilization strategies
- Lead the development of resource mobilization strategies and manage the implementation of resource mobilization strategies, plans, and efforts;
- Establish and maintain relationships with government, partners, stakeholders and donors to achieve active collaboration, cooperation and alliances on programme development and implementation and resource mobilization;
- Finalize donor reports, and negotiate and/or approve cost-sharing agreements with donors; Establish reporting accountability framework to ensure that donors are duly informed on a timely basis.
6. Lead knowledge management, innovation, and capacity building
- Manage the development and implementation on the CO communication plans, based on UN Women\'s communication strategy;
- Promote critical thinking and implementation of innovation and best practices in the CO
- Promote learning and development by providing opportunities for training and capacity guiding to enhance the competencies/productivity of personnel;
- Lead the production of knowledge products.
7. Oversee safety, security and well-being of personnel, programmes, and organizational assets
- Maintain and update CO security strategy, plan, and measures to ensure full compliance with UN security policies, procedures and requirements.
- Serve as a member of the Security Management team (SMT) and undertake relevant security and crisis management training. Guide and influence decisions and standards related to security of personnel, premises and assets
- Oversee the implementation of the Security Mainstreaming & Compliance and Business Continuity Management and Organizational Resilience requirements
- Ensure all personnel are made fully aware of safety and security procedures and policies and undertake mandatory training
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent programme formulation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation skills
- Excellent people management skills in a multicultural environment; ability to deal with individuals from all backgrounds
- Results-oriented; Ability to develop detailed operational plans, budgets, and deliver on them
- Ability to ensure fair and equitable treatment for all
- Leading, developing, and empowering people
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice and interact with high level decision makers
- Excellent knowledge of gender equality and women\'s empowerment in country
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking
- Strong knowledge of UN system
- Ability to envision and lead the strategic direction for UN Women in the country
- Excellent networking skills
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities, and threats to fundraising and develop strategies
- Excellent diplomatic and written and verbal communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master\'s degree or equivalent in development related disciplines, economics or public policy or other social science fields is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level,
- Experience in gender and women\'s issues programming, at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programmes or UN Mission;
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams;
- Experience in leading a team.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to apply: https://unjobs.org/vacancies/1618866063885Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF