STOP Spillover Project is seeking applications from qualified applicants to fill four positions below to support the technical implementation of STOP Spillover activities in Vietnam. These are technical positions and serve as the primary in-country technical personnel for activities to be undertaken under their specific area. The four positions are aligned with four STOP Spillover Resource Hubs.
- Wildlife, Livestock, Epidemiology, Behavior Change and Gender Strategy (WLE) Country Team Member (full-time) WLE Hub focuses on wildlife sciences; livestock production; disease ecology; social and behavior change; epidemiology and field methods; participatory epidemiology; gender studies; infectious disease ecology.
- Surveillance, Mapping and Modelling (SMM) Country Team Member (part-time at 30% full time equivalent). SMM Hub focuses on infectious disease/zoonotic disease surveillance; sampling and monitoring; wastewater surveillance; infectious disease modelling and mapping; community based surveillance; applied epidemiology; biomedical research; diagnostics; laboratory capacity building.
- Food, Water, Air, Climate, Livelihoods & Economics, Policy & Security Hub (FWA) Country Team Member (part-time at 30% full time equivalent). FWA Hub focuses on natural resource management; risk reduction related to food and drivers of food choice; environmental, agricultural and climate sciences; economics; conflict and livelihoods and marketing systems; systems strengthening and policy.
- Risk Analysis and Communication (RAC) Country Team Member (part-time at 30% full time equivalent). RAC Hub focuses on risk analysis; risk assessment; risk characterization; risk communication; risk management; community risk based surveillance.
Qualifications and requirements
- At a minimum, a Master’s Degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to Public Health, Epidemiology or Veterinary Medicine, Wildlife Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Epidemiology, biotechnology, agriculture, economics, social science, social and behavior change, environment, climate science, livestock production, international development, risk analysis, gender, based on her/his technical specialty or designated support by the country lead and the hubs or any other relevant discipline,
- At least 3-5 years of in-country experience working on projects with actors such as government partners, academia, international partners, funders, and/or private sector with direct leadership of professional and support staff, program/technical oversight, and project/grant management.
- Good understanding of One Health concepts and expertise in a discipline or several relevant areas: social and behavior change, surveillance, risk reduction and management, intervention implementation and mitigation of zoonotic disease amplification and spread, public health and ecosystem health.
- Excellent collaboration capabilities, and capacity to work productively in teams, working in multicultural and multidisciplinary settings.
- Experience working with government agencies, communities, intergovernmental agencies, academic institutions, international agencies in country (WHO, FAO, OIE, others) or NGOs.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Gender and cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Proficient in relevant Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs, comfort with social media.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter, referencing the specific Resource Hub under which the application is made, a resume or curriculum vitae with names of 2 referees and the STOPS Country Team Member Applicant Checklist (compulsory through link), by email (please reference “Country Team Member” as the subject in your email) to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Ms. Pham Thanh Ha, Administrative and Finance Officer, email: email@example.com before 05 July 2021. In your cover letter, please highlight which hub you are applying under.Duty station: Vietnam One Health University Network (VOHUN) National Coordination Office, Hanoi University of Public Health Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam