Terms of Reference – COVID-19 Program Manager/Senior Program Manager
Clinton Health Access Initiative, Vietnam
Position/Title: COVID-19 Program Manager/Senior Program Manager
Base Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Length of position: One year, extendable
Reports to: Country Director
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a trusted advisor to governments worldwide, helping them transform the way they provide health services. Established in Vietnam in 2006, CHAI works with a number of departments in the Ministry of Health to help reach national goals related to COVID-19, hepatitis, TB, malaria and vaccination. CHAI has emphasized a sustainable and integrative approach to health systems strengthening premised on a close partnership with government to build national capacity so that programs can continue without our support. CHAI’s team in Vietnam consists of a dynamic core of 18 staff in addition to resources available at the regional and global levels.
CHAI is seeking a COVID-19 Program Manager/Senior Program Manager (hereafter called “Manager”) to build and lead CHAI’s COVID-19 response team. This is CHAI’s newest initiative seeking to strengthen Vietnam’s prevention, diagnostic and care and treatment system to control COVID-19.
This role offers a unique opportunity for a talented individual with strong management and public health skills to contribute meaningfully to help the Vietnamese Government bolster its COVID-19 defense. The successful candidate will lead a small team working directly with government and hospital counterparts to assess opportunities and gaps, design appropriate interventions, and support sustainability.
The position requires a high level of direct coordination and engagement with multiple stakeholders within the government, with implementation partners, and with CHAI’s global technical teams. The Manager must be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding people and program management, problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills. The position will be based in Hanoi with potentially significant travel within the country.
This position reports to the Country Director in Vietnam.
- Be responsible for the strategic and program management assistance to the MOH, and coordinate CHAI’s support to help strengthen systems and achieve audacious programmatic goals on aggressive timelines
- Coordinate activities with other COVID-19 donors and implementers such as Global Fund’s C19RM, US CDC/USAID, etc.
- Serve as point person to government and the CHAI country team regarding technical, human resource, and implementation matters
- Identify key impediments to the successful program execution and work with MOH to develop solutions to rapidly address these bottlenecks
- Develop internal work plans aligned with national strategy objectives, and oversee the quality of the delivery of work by CHAI staff on regular basis, supporting as necessary to ensure high quality delivery
- Work closely with the Country Director, Associate Director(s), and other staff to maintain overall strategic direction of the program
Identify strategic areas for expansion or redirection and guide strategic planning or proposal development as needed
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of business or health-related experience including experience managing other people
- Exceptional problem solving skills and quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities
- Exceptional English communication skills, including the ability to create compelling, logical presentations, using PowerPoint and other tools, and a structured and clear oral and written communication style
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving with proven ability to develop and apply quantitative models using Excel and other tools to address specific challenges and improve working practices with a focus on outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships in a challenging multicultural environment
- Ability to manage numerous work streams simultaneously in high pressure situations
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Advanced degree in business or public health
- Experience in programming and/or working with diagnostic systems, care and treatment systems, patient workflows, infection prevention and control settings, data collection tools and/or data visualization applications
- Experience living and working in Southeast Asia, or with Asian governments and institutions
- For non-Vietnamese candidates, fluency in Vietnamese is an advantage
A one-page cover letter should specify the position sought and highlight why the candidate believes they are the right person for the position. A CV detailing professional experience, relevant qualifications and three reference contacts should be provided.
Interested candidates should send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate position sought in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, but must be received by 15 August, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross