The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year we reached over 80 million people directly and 791 million people overall including online, broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognizing discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights.
Location: Ho Chi Minh, East Asia, VN
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Contract: 7 months | Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Salary: Payband H starts from 15,359,155.38 VND | Start Date: ASAP
Ensure a high quality and efficient integrated customer service experience for customers meeting all British Council Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for customer satisfaction. Support the wider exams team in achieving its annual business targets by converting enquiries into sales.
Challenges To act as the British Council’s ambassador and provide top quality services to all new and existing customers meeting all KPIs and delivering on the Sales & Customer Management targets, in order to enable the British Council to meet its strategic business targets and objectives. This post offers an excellent opportunity to gain work experience in an international working environment with the British Council and to develop a range of project and people management skills.
- meet and exceed customer management targets and KPIs as set out by the organisation
Enquiries from existing customers
- handle face-to-face, email and telephone enquiries from exams customers
Customer care and support
- provide an exceptional level of customer service to all exams customers to ensure that all their needs and requests are taken care of
- handle incoming enquiries of exams customers via face-to-face, email and telephone
- handle all 1st and 2nd level complaints/feedback of existing customers
- communicate exams policies to customers (e.g. Child protection, Anti Bullying etc.)
Registration of Exams candidates
register IELTS, Aptis, Universities, Professional and School Exams for walk-in customers
- receive examination applications and fully check the recorded information before the customer leaves
- register other exams services for walk-in customers
Data collection and reporting
- ensure that all databases and reports are updated and recorded in a timely, accurate manner
Maintenance of front of house
- ensure that marketing and PR collateral is properly displayed and well stocked
- monitor equipment and furniture in Front of House (FOH) area to ensure it is in good working order/condition
- complete any other duties as assigned by the line manager
Other Responsibilities and main duties As part of the wider Sales and Customer Management, Exams team serving both new and existing customers, the post holder will be expected to support and assist colleagues from time to time with tasks related to the smooth running of the Centre. Examples of such tasks are registering candidates, participation at Open Days, Exams Events, Seminars, Evening Receptions and Offsite Promotions.
The post holder will be required to work on a shift system from Monday to Saturday (5 days a week). Evening and weekend working is required on a regular basis.
- Minimum one year working experience in a customer service/sales environment, preferably in the services industry
- Competent IT skills
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Very good problem solving skills
- Working with Children
- Effective communication and engagement with children and their families
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children
• 13th month salary • Standard working hours of 37.5 hours and five days a week • 15 days public holidays (combination of Vietnam and UK public holidays) • Group Insurance Program including Personal Accident Insurance and Health Insurance for 24 hour/day for you and your family members (Eligible spouse and children only) (Family member coverage is only applicable for employment contract of 12 months or more) • Other benefits regulated in the TACOS • Extensive training and development opportunities, both local and within the global network
Closing Date If this sounds like what you are looking for, apply today – or before we close this on 17th June 2021 (UK Time 23:59). If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam