USAID Vietnam Trade Facilitation Program
SCOPE OF WORK
Position: Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert Base of Operation: Hanoi, Vietnam Period of Performance: LONG-TERM (o/a February 3, 2020 – o/a February 2, 2021) (subject to extension based on manager’s recommendation)
The Trade Facilitation Program is a five-year project that aims to support Vietnam to adopt and implement a risk management approach to clearance of goods at Vietnam’s borders, simplify and streamline specialized inspection, and take steps to facilitate the implementation of the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).
More specifically, the Program will work with the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to strengthen Vietnam’s National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) and any working groups; streamline border clearance procedures (including specialized inspection (SI) implemented by other line ministries and agencies); harmonize the implementation of risk-based approaches between the national and provincial levels; train national and provincial customs officers and staff from other ministries on risk management; and facilitate dialogue between customs and business and between relevant stakeholders in Hanoi and in the provinces.
The Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert will work closely with the Senior Trade Facilitation Expert (STFE) and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to implement reforms with partner GVN counterparts. The Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert will be responsible for all Program activities associated with origin e.g. self-certification and prevention or origin fraud, illegal transhipment and circumvention of trade remedies. This will involve close cooperation and collaboration with GDVC, local customs departments and relevant line ministries and their departments e.g. Trade Remedies Authority of Vietnam (TRAV) and Foreign Trade Agency (FTA) of MOIT.
The Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert will also have lead responsibility for supporting and assisting GDVC to prepare the Customs Development Strategy for 2021-2030 and developing and promoting the concept of Centres of Excellence and centralized processing by customs. All of these will have specific focus to ensure they confirm and support the aims and objectives of the USAID Trade Facilitation Program.
The Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert will be required to work at both central and provincial levels.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and prioritize specific interventions to improve efficiency and transparency of customs procedures and trade facilitation initiatives in support of the aims and objectives of the program;
- Assist the GDVC, NTFC and GVN counterparts, and private stakeholders to develop and implement activities to address issues requiring harmonization with international best practice, to meet requirements of WTO TFA and Vietnam’s other international commitments and agreements;
- Adopt lead responsibility for Program activities as related to origin; prevention of origin fraud, illegal transshipment and circumvention of trade remedies; strategic planning; and development of concept for Centers of Excellence with GDVC, local customs departments, selected line ministries and VCCI;
- Draft and prepare briefing notes, reports, etc. on findings and recommendations from consultations and play an active role in research, analysis, consultations, planning, and advocacy through collaborating closely with other members of the Program team to identify training and capacity building needs.
The Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert will also support the following activities:
- Contribute to the development and preparation of Annual Work Plans (AWP) for the Program with a focus on origin; prevention of origin fraud, illegal transshipment and circumvention of trade remedies; inter-agency cooperation; strategic planning; specialized inspection; and other trade facilitation measures;
- Other contributions to the project as proposed by the Program’s Chief of Party (COP) and/or Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
The Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert will be expected to contribute to the overall achievement of program results by undertaking other tasks, activities, or assignments as directed by the Senior Trade Facilitation Expert (STFE), consistent with the aims and objectives of the Program and the technical skills required.
The Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert will work under the direct management and supervision of the Senior Trade Facilitation Expert (STFE).
- Master’s degree in law, economics, business administration, international trade, trade policy, customs administration, or similar field (Bachelor degree with more than 10 years of experience in field may be accepted);
- Minimum 7 years of experience working with GDVC and/or local customs departments or Vietnamese government at central and/or provincial levels;
- Proven experience of working or collaborating with the private sector;
- Contextual knowledge and understanding of requirements under the Customs Law, border procedures, imports-exports and specialized inspection matters, risk management and the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement;
- Able to solve problems as well as exercise considerable analysis and judgement to identify solutions;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Applications;
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese.
The Customs & Trade Facilitation Expert will report to the Senior Trade Facilitation Expert, Alistair Gall.
Interested applicants can submit their CVs/Resumes at HR@vietnamtfp.com
The deadline of applications is January 3, 2020 at 5:00 pm Hanoi Time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID