Danang City Coordinator
USAID Vietnam Urban Energy Security
Scope of Work
As Vietnam experiences steep increases in energy demand and rising air pollution challenges, there is growing recognition that cleaner, more reliable sources of energy are needed and greater capital investment is necessary. The Vietnam Urban Energy Security Project works closely with GVN at multiple levels to improve enabling frameworks, mobilize investment, and increase the adoption of innovative solutions for advanced, distributed energy.
The specific objectives of this activity are to assist Vietnamese cities to:
- Improve enabling policies, regulations, and city-level plans/programs for the deployment of resilient, distributed energy services;
- Mobilize public and private sector investment for the deployment of advanced, distributed energy systems;
- Increase adoption of innovative technologies, practices, business and financing models for advanced, distributed urban energy solutions.
In Danang, the project is specifically interested in promoting rooftop solar adoption, both through Commercial & Industrial users, as well as at the household level, and is looking at the feasibility of waste-to-energy activities, energy efficiency in public lighting, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure. In each of the areas, the project will identify areas of technical assistance, investment support, and innovation promotion to achieve overall project objectives.
The Danang City Coordinator will provide program management and technical expertise for the Project’s activities in Danang. This will include implementing technical activities in renewable energy (such as rooftop solar and waste to energy), industrial and commercial energy efficiency, and energy finance; coordinating and liaising with DOIT and other GVN counterparts on behalf of the Project; and overseeing staff and general activities based in Danang. The Danang City Coordinator will work with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and the Technical Specialists, based in Hanoi, as well as the HCMC City Coordinator to contribute to advanced, distributed energy investment and promotion. The Danang City Coordinator will also work with other project staff as required to ensure successful implementation across all activities, including monitoring, evaluation, and learning; implementation of the Activity Fund; project reporting; and other activities identified throughout the life of the project.
- Manage relationship with DOIT and GVN counterparts including participation in meetings, drafting emails and other communications.
- Support the project approval process, and the ongoing project collaboration with DOIT once approval is secured.
- Provide technical assistance and training in energy efficiency, renewable energy promotion, and clean energy finance to Vietnamese counterpart institutions as detailed in the workplan activities
- Support technical activities as identified and developed in the workplan including: (i) city level data collection, (ii) development of MoM, MOU of field trips, meetings, workshop, (iii) arranging and participating in the energy audits, consultation meetings with authorities and stakeholders in Danang, (iv) providing inputs for technical report conducted by project technical team, and others as identified by DCOP.
- Work with expatriate technical experts and outside contractors in the fulfillment of their scopes of work in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean energy finance.
- Support consultants in the implementation and delivery of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, lead the consultation process at city level, collect comments and coordinate consultant’s responses for project deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of the implementation work plans and operational strategy.
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager and Communications Specialist to provide technical input on project targets, indicators, updates, and success stories.
- Coordinate closely with the Activity Fund Manager and Activity Fund Coordinators to provide technical input into grant and subcontract solicitations including Statement of Objectives, Request for Proposals, and Annual Program Statements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party
- At least 5 years of energy experience with experience in distributed energy efficiency and/or renewable energy activity management including working with industries and commercial entities
- Knowledge of clean energy finance and investment preferred
- Experience in USAID and/or donor-funded energy or climate change projects in Vietnam or regionally a plus
University degree in finance, power/energy engineering, or relevant science-based subject, or related subject.
An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
Must be comfortable working with colleagues remotely in multiple cities
Fluency in Vietnamese
Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English; demonstrated report writing skills in English is required
Level of Effort, Location and Reporting
This a full-time position, with a level of effort of 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project. The City Coordinator will report to the Deputy Chief of Party. The position is based in Danang.
Applicants should apply via Formsite at this link: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/itlfchkr5h/index.html
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. Only applicants that apply via this link will be reviewed. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Positions are for Vietnam Nationals only.
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)