Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) Vietnam
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES A NATIONAL CONSULTANT
Data Analyst Consultant to Conduct the Tracking Exercise for HIV Services and TB Services at Health Facilities for Reimbursement by SHI Fund
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates was ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms in 2012 and named one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in nearly 40 countries.
Through Abt Associates, the 4-year USAID-funded Local Health System Sustainability (LHSS) provides technical assistance in health systems strengthening in Vietnam to sustainably manage holistic human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and tuberculosis (TB) programs that will drive the achievement of the country’s commitment to end HIV and TB by 2030. The activity will also further the country’s progress on the Journey to Self-Reliance by working with the Government of Vietnam to increase domestic financing for health and strengthen the sustainability of domestic financing mechanisms for Vietnam’s greater financial, administrative, and technical ownership of its HIV and TB response.
To meet data needs for analysis, reporting, and sharing with relevant stakeholders for their decision making within related project activities mentioned in the Y1 work plan, specifically Task 2.3.1, Task 2.3.2, and Task 4.1.1, LHSS will recruit a data analyst consultant to conduct the financial tracking and analysis exercise for HIV services and TB services at health facilities for reimbursement by SHI fund.
II. Objectives and tasks of the assignment
To provide technical service in tracking data, analysis, and extract the data on the reimbursement of SHI fund for TB and HIV/AIDS services in 63 provinces and aggregated at the provincial and national level and for all HIV treatment facilities that provide ARV from the SHI fund.
The data analyst consultant is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Working closely with the LHSS technical team and VSS team to finalize the template for extracting data of SHI reimbursement related to HIV services and TB services. Response to the changes or revision of the templates as needed.
- Review and mapping the TB facilities list from NTP to validate with the VSS system to synchronize the current database with the SHI e-claim system to monitor the TB services provision through SHI.
- Within the first week of the following month, the consultant will work with VSS to extract and provide monthly reports on SHI reimbursement for HIV services (followed the HIV-related IDC10 codes) and TB services (followed the TB-related ICD 10 codes), in which data is disaggregated by the national, provincial, and health facility levels. The ICD 10 codes for HIV and TB will be provided by LHSS technical team.
- Within the first week of October 2020, the consultant will work with VSS to extract and provide an annual report on SHI reimbursement for HIV services (followed the HIV-related IDC10 codes) and TB services (followed the TB-related ICD 10 codes), in which data cumulative from 01 Oct 2020- 30 Sept 2021 and disaggregated by the national and provincial and provincial levels. The ICD 10 codes for HIV and TB will be provided by LHSS technical team.
- Response to LHSS technical team on data definition and data extraction methods as needed.
The data analyst consultant is expected to provide the following deliverables:
- Completed excel file templates for extracting data of SHI reimbursement for HIV services and TB services and response to the changes or revision of the templates as needed.
- TB health facilities dataset with mapping variables validated from the VSS e-claim database.
- Data packages:
- Six data packages from April to September of 2021 (06-month reports) in excel file on SHI reimbursement for HIV services and TB services for all 63 provinces & treatment facilities & aggregated data at national level by quarter and annual followed by the variables’ definition in the Excel template.
- One consolidated data package as required by the LHSS M&E team for the reporting period of Oct 2020 - Sep 2021 (for HIV and TB).
IV. Management of this assignment
All deliverables must be reviewed and approved by the LHSS/MEL Lead. The consultant can direct questions to the LHSS/MEL Lead throughout the consultancy.
V. Location and timing
The work will be carried out in-country, located in Hanoi.
The assignment for the consultant is planned for the period of July 2021 to 30 October 2020 with a total of 65 working days.
- Graduate degree in information technology or similar disciplines.
- At least five years of experience working on information and data management for government health programs.
- Familiarity with the health information system for TB and HIV is an advantage.
- Familiar with the reimbursement mechanism between health facilities and SHI fund holders
- Understanding and knowledge of service delivery system on health in general and TB in particular;
- Language requirement: Vietnamese. The ability to speak English would be an advantage.
- Holding a graduate degree in information management
- Good communication and writing skills
- Basic knowledge of English.
To apply, please send your CV and an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: June 21st, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia