Position: Data Assistant
Department: Clinical Trials Unit
Location: Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Hours of work: Full-time. Working hours are 37.5 hours per week.
Tenure: Initially for 1 year, including a 2 month probation period, with possibility of extension.
Reporting to: CTU Data Team Leader
Vacancy reference: JD-0421-009
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit, with sites offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi in Vietnam, Jakarta in Indonesia and Kathmandu in Nepal. In Vietnam, we are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. OUCRU-Nepal is hosted by the Patan Academy of Health Sciences, and in Indonesia we exist in partnership with the Eijkman Institute as the Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Programme (EOCRU). As a Wellcome Trust Africa Asia Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
OUCRU’s vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals where we work, and to the countries as a whole where we operate: Vietnam, Indonesia and Nepal. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care throughout Southeast Asia.
The OUCRU audience is very diverse. It includes the scientific community in all the countries where we operate.
OUCRU employs approximately 320 people across Viet Nam and has an average annual budget of USD 12mil.
Please see more information on OUCRU website.
The recent, impressive growth in clinical trials capacity and opportunity needs to be matched with a trained and qualified data assistant to ensure efficient and accurate data entry and verification of OUCRU study data in line with international standards. The data assistant will enter and verify research data in an electronic database in compliance with the guidelines of Good Clinical Practice from the International Conference on Harmonization, the Medical Research Council-UK, the Viet Nam Ministry of Health or other local regulatory authorities. The post holder will contribute to the continued growth and development of the CTU team and collaborating research units internationally.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Receive Case Report Forms. Track the transfer of documents and the progress of data entry on Batch Flow Sheets.
- Verify the completeness of study data on paper report forms.
- Identify data that is out of range or that meets defined limits.
- Enter clinical data from paper/electronic study records to an electronic database.
- Verify data in paper/electronic records against data in the electronic database.
- Generate queries of inconsistent data or unusual data points.
- Create reports of errors and missing data.
- Other tasks as required.
- College degree as a minimum
- Fresh graduate, 1-2 year work experience in office environment
- Experience in data entry/verification/administration
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly meticulous, high level of concentration.
- Being organized, team player, patient, dedicated, and disciplined.
- Excellent written and spoken Vietnamese.
- Excellence in typing and computer skills, particularly MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good English speaking and reading skills.
- Experience in data entry, data management or data systems.
- Fast typing speech with accuracy
Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).
Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
Annual leave 18 days each year for the first year
Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labor Law.
How to apply
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates, either by email or by post to the following address:
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit
Laboratory of Clinical Science
Hospital for Tropical Diseases
764 Vo Van Kiet, Ward 1, District 5, HCMC
Deadline for submission: 30 April 2021
* We thank all applicants but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please refer to this link for more information.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF