OUCRU – HN
This post is based in Hanoi, Viet Nam. There will be a requirement to travel within Viet Nam to support projects, mainly in the northern region.
Hours of work
Full time: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
Initially for 01 years, including a 02 month probation period, with possibility of extension based on annual performance appraisal and research approval
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu, and Jakarta. As a Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
Our ten-year vision is to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally driven research programme on infectious diseases in Southeast Asia. This is being achieved via an integrated long-term research programme, contributions to training, the scientific literature, national and international meetings and membership of national and international committees. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals, and to Viet Nam as a whole. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals but also to help improve patient care throughout Viet Nam and the region.
Please see more information on OUCRU Website: www.oucru.org.
The main research interests for the Hanoi office are antimicrobial resistance and influenza. As part of our work on antimicrobial resistance we are partnering with the National Institute for Hygiene and Epidemiology to develop community-based interventions to change the way antibiotics are currently used, in order to reduce the emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance. We are looking for a Data Entry Assistant with experience of data entry and transcription, or other secretarial duties.
The Data Entry Assistant will conduct data entry for several public health research projects, as well as support other reserach activities. They will enter data from surveys, as well as transcribe and translate interviews from digital audio-recordings. The post holder will also support other researchers within the unit working on qualitative and quantitative research projects, and contribute to training, skills devellopment, and engagement workshops, as well as public health intervention activities in Nam Dinh.
The Data Entry Assistant will work closely with the OUCRU Hanoi research team. They will be personable, organised, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have great attention to detail. They will be able to work independently but also be a team player.
Key responsibilities and tasks
You will be working in a team to enter and organise research data and support research activities under the guidance/mentorship of the Senior Epidemiologist based in OUCRU Hanoi, and will also be supported by the Senior Medical Anthropologist based in OUCRU offices in HCMC.
Main responsiblities include:
- Data entry for health records and surveys
- Transcription of audio-recordings of interviews
- Translation of interview transcripts from Vietnamese to English
Other responsibilities and tasks include:
- Conducting literature reviews on related topics;
- Supporting research and dissemination activities in local communities and health facilities;
- Supporting research team members to conduct interviews and focus group discussions with participants in observational research and community trials;
- Conducting participant observation at various research sites;
- Working with qualitative data using Nvivo software for preliminary analysis;
- Drafting research papers and presentations;
- Help with training and engagement activities as needed.
- The Data Entry/ Research assistant will join relevant training courses, when available and applicable to the study.
- Other tasks requested by the Supervisor/Director
- Diploma or degree, preferably with a background in translation, secretarial skills, administration, pubic health, or social sciences
- Experience with data entry for routine health records and/or surveys
- Transcription of audio-recordings of interviews for qualitative research studies
- Excellent spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Experience working on health-related research studies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Energetic and creative; open to new approaches and ideas
- Willingness to travel, interact with, and work in a range of local communities
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and yet be a team player
- Translation of documents from Vietnamese to English
- Experience conducting literature reviews
- Experience with ethnographic methods highly preferred
- Knowledge of Nvivo or other qualitative data software
- Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education)
- Optional insurance : In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- 13th month salary (annual bonus)
- One month salary for annual clothes
- Annual leave 18 days/year (increased to 21 days in year three, 28 days in year four and 30 days from year five).
- Vietnam Social & Health insurance, Sick leave, Personal leave, Maternity leave and National holidays will be based on Vietnam Labor Law
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send their detailed resume and cover letter in English, including copies of relevant degrees, certificates by email to: email@example.com
* The cover letter should detail:
– What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position and why you would be a good candidate?
– Contacts of two referees who are your latest HR/ line manager and can provide details of relevant work experience and attitude
* We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission: 1st November 2020
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
14/12/2020Center for Education Promotion and Empowerment of Women – CEPEW
15/12/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
29/11/2020Trường Dạy Tiếng Anh và Dạy Nghề Thăng Long
30/11/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam