DATA MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
USAID Learns Contract
About Social Impact:
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
**Please note: This is local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply**
SI seeks the Data Management (DM) Consultant, who is interested in helping coordinate and motivate all USAID Learns engagements towards simple, user-friendly yet efficient data-management systems aimed to increase data-use and facilitate strategic decision-making throughout the USAID portfolio of implementing partners in Vietnam. Candidates should have an active interest in data-visualization and the innate ability to propose practical system/data-visualization tools, specifically designed to fit the individual and unique needs of different users/projects. Candidates should have a minimal level of experience with commonly used data-management tools/platforms/dashboards (such as Microsoft ACCESS, Excel, Power Query, and PowerBI), and ideally have been engaged in the practical application of data-management systems within projects. This consultancy is based in Hanoi for 1 year contract with possible extension and reports to Monitoring Director.
Data Management Support
Under the direct management of the Learns Monitoring Director, the consultant will be expected to:
- Coordinate assignments and track progress of all Learns data-management related initiatives in support of improved data-management and greater data-utilization by Implementing Partners (IPs), especially the execution of Data Management Officers (DMOs), when conducting on-demand:
- Quick Situation Analysis (on-demand) to provide recommendation for DM solution and implementation
- Development & delivery of trainings (Intro to different DM solutions or more focused technical DM trainings, depending on emerging needs)
- Technical assistance (depending on strategic priorities/needs/availability)
- Track the status of DMO assignments/tasks, DMO levels of efforts (to help facilitate Monitoring Director invoice approvals),
- Keep track and share emerging DM lessons learned, needs/challenges and opportunities, offer day-to-day basic quality oversight of the work conducted by Learns Data Management Officers (DMOs) on behalf of Learns – in alignment with Monitoring Director guidelines.
- Keep the Monitoring Director regularly update to date; and other team members (including Monitoring Specialist) when relevant (including the Chief of Party) on DM progress, challenges, emerging opportunities/successes.
- Stay in regular contact with Monitoring Specialist to help identify emerging needs/opportunities.
- Help identify DM technical assistance opportunities meeting strategic/priority criteria and
- Help reinforce Learns strategic priorities on DM, as per Monitoring Director and/or COP guidance.
- Support DMOs with their USAID information or other license/access/tools needs to set them up for success,
- Whenever appropriate/possible, participate and engage in DM tasks or directly support Learns’ technical assistance plan whenever relevant to DM (either directly or through contracted DMOs)
- Help identify peer-to-peer learning, either through
- Inviting them to present a module, part of Learns events/trainings,
- hosting of Peer-sharing sessions focus on DM
- facilitation of Pause & reflect cross-partner discussions
- support contributions via facebook postings or other channels
- linking partners to encourage direct cross-IP peer-to-peer technical engagements (without Learns presence/direct support)
- Overall, as a coordinator, aim to promote the strengthening of partners to design/build their own information management/data visualization tools through in-person capacity building or more standard trainings,
- Whenever time allows, and within reason, carry out other duties assigned in support of Learns’ wider engagements.
- Basic familiarity with some of the following data-management and/or data-visualization tools: Microsoft ACCESS, Power Query, Power BI, and Excel.
- Ability to synthesize user data-management needs, based on document reviews, observations and interviews, and design/adapt systems accordingly,
- Critical thinking mindset, proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of actors
- Undergraduate degree or higher in any disciplines, preferably data sciences, development studies and related fields
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Native fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese.
- Fluent (or very strong) written and spoken English.
Preferred but not required
- Basic proficiency in the following data-management and/or data-visualization tools: Microsoft ACCESS, Power Query, Power BI, Excel.
- Experience conducting training with experience-based learning techniques.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of ‘Agile Methods’
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
The closing date for application: October 06, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling-basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page briefly outlining your qualifications, motivations for applying) into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round