Job description - Data Management Officer
Organisation: Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research is affiliated with the University of Sydney in Australia and is recognized as one of the leading research institutions for respiratory diseases and sleep disorders. Operating in Vietnam since 2009, we have undertaken large operational, epidemiological and clinical research projects and run training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers. The Woolcock Institute has three research centres and offices in Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City and Ca Mau. Currently we directly employ about 50 full-time staff and coordinates multiple study projects within lung health management and treatment across eleven provinces. We also expand research activity to other fields including antimicrobial resistance.
For more information about us, please visit:
Work location: Hanoi,
Type of work: Full-time
Duration: 12 months appointment, 1 year appointment, with consideration for subsequent extension.
Job Summary: The Data Management Officer is responsible for overview and carrying out data management tasks of assigned research projects.
Report to: Data Manager, Study Managers
Key staff working with the project:
- Trial/Project Officers
- Trial/Project Managers
- Laboratory staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data collection:
- Formulate, implement, and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures
- Train reporting agencies on data collection tools and equipment
- Implement quality control activities.
- Data Management:
- Develop and implement data management plans.
- Develop and implement online data management system.
- Oversee data management work performed by project staff and partners as delegated.
- Ensure data system (Research Tool) is operational
- Manage data entry works/teams.
- Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues.
- Provide support to the project team for Case Report Form/Query processing according to SOPs and policies as appropriate.
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis.
- Be responsible for quality control procedure (including, but not limited to, random phone calls to check visits, and also checking data entry quality)
- Regularly back up data
- Ensure data management procedures and projects have set timelines and meet established deadlines.
- Data reporting and analysis
- Develop and update data analysis Dashboard.
- Working with Sydney Data management team on data issues
- Understand and ensure privacy law and standards.
- Produce weekly, monthly, annual data reports.
- Develop ad-hoc reports as necessary.
- Assist in defining and/or creating data listings, summary table validation, data specifications and/or process data transfers in preparation for statistical review and/or data management audit
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of data, when applicable
- Assist in developing means to correct the problems
- Perform other duties reasonably related to the position as directed by manager
- University degree in Science, Public Health or related field and IT
- Professional Experience:
- Preferably at least 3 years of experience in data management for research projects.
- Working knowledge of medical research database applications
- Working experience with online data collection and management will be advantage (ODK, REDCap, etc.).
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, good team-work, service-oriented and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
- Professional use of personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet software programs
- Excellent Excel, Google Spread Sheet
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases such as SAS, STATA, SPSS etc.
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic Dashboard such as Power BI, Google Data studio etc. (will be advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English (written and spoken) as preference
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English or Vietnamese and scanned copies of your related degrees, no later than 30/06/2021 by submitting the application form in the link.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 30/06/2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
05/10/2021Save the Children
04/10/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Save the Children