DATA MANAGEMENT & SYSTEMS DESIGN CONSULTANT
USAID Learns Contract
About Social Impact:
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply**
SI seeks the technical support of dynamic and innovative professionals interested in helping USAID, USAID-Learns and USAID-funded partners in Vietnam develop more efficient, user-friendly and strategic ways of managing data/information for monitoring and decision-making. Candidates should have an active interest in systems design and data-visualization and the ability to design processes, platforms and systems catered to the needs and profiles of the specific users/projects. Candidates should have a minimal level of experience with commonly used data-management tools/platforms/dashboards (such as Excel, Power Query, Power BI, Google Data Studio, SQL, and GIS). Basic analytical/systems thinking skills will be tested (through screening tests) allowing less experienced but skilled and motivated candidates to build their experience on the job.
This position is part-time consultant wherein consultant will engage in on-demand tasks/projects relevant to their specific skillsets (see more details below).
(*) This position is currently slated as a part-time position but could become a full-time position, depending on the demand.
1. Data Management (DM) Support for USAID’s Implementing Partners (IPs) and USAID/Vietnam
- Design new and/or improved data management and visualization tools, based on the stated or tacit needs of prime users,
- Strengthen the capacity of partners to design/build their own information management/data visualization tools through in-person capacity building or other workshop trainings,
- Design and implement data management-related components for serial training programs in monitoring for learning and adaptive management.
- Work and collaborate with IPs to support them to find issues on their data management system.
- Propose solutions to help IPs design most-efficient data-collection tools, data-visualization tools, and monitoring systems for more effective and efficient monitoring systems
- Provide technical assistance and consultation on the data management system design for USAID’s IPs such as data processing, analysis and data-visualizations, or other visually compelling information summaries to facilitate data-quality assurance, monitoring, learning, and management decision-making.
- Write technical assistance reports following technical assistance support. Document all techniques on the data management system (step by step) to transfer to IPs.
- Provide on demand Geographic Information System (GIS) services (based on demand)
- Support USAID/Vietnam data management needs as required
2. Other supports
- Support and work closely with Capacity Building (CB) team to design and co-facilitate data management-training modules to help motivate improved technics and practices.
- Support to develop and/or revise data management documents (such as tools, guidelines, training courses…)
- Build capacity on data management for other Learns team members
- Support to analysis and review internal Learns data to report to USAID (if required)
- Other monitoring tasks as assigned
- Familiarity with some of the following data-management and/or data-visualization tools: Excel, Power Query, Power BI, Google Data Studio, and SQL.
- Ability to synthesize user data-management needs, based on document reviews, observations and interviews, and design/adapt systems accordingly (skills will be demonstrated through a test-based selection process).
- Ability to effectively work with a wide variety of actors
- Critical and design thinking mindset, proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills
- Undergraduate degree or higher in any disciplines, preferably data science, development studies and related fields
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in the following data-management and/or data-visualization tools: Excel, Power Query, Power BI, Google Data Studio, SQL and GIS.
- Experience conducting training with experience-based learning techniques (demonstrated through the interview-based selection process)
- Experience with USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of ‘Agile Methods’
The closing date for application: March 31, 2023. Selection, tests and interviews will be performed on a rolling-basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter (one-page briefly outlining your qualifications, motivations for applying) into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal. Please note that the short-listed candidates will be required to take a test and perhaps also facilitate a demo-presentation as part of the interview process.
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls/office visits.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)
Thực Tập Sinh Phòng Văn Hoá - Thông Tin (Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ)
Senior Finance ManagerAIP Foundation
Just Energy Transition Partnership Delivery Lead, HEO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Consultant/Consultancy team (WVV)WVV
LE4 Finance and HR Officer (Australian Embassy)Australian Embassy
Program Intern (part-time) (PSI)PSI
MEAL Coordinator (Save the Children)Save the Children
National Migration Health Consultant (IOM)IOM
Temporary Area Program Sponsorship Falicitator (WVV)WVV
Communications Manager, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW) (WWF)WWF
Community forest consultant in Quang Nam Province (RECOFTC)RECOFTC
Communications Intern (maximum 6 months) (Hagar)Hagar
Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection (GIZ)GIZ
Child Protection and Education Collaborator (GNI)GNI
Sector Leader Energy (SNV)SNV
Trợ Lý Dự Án Full-time (Viện Nghiên cứu phát triển cộng đồng ACDC)ACDC
Consultancy services at GIZ (GIZ)GIZ
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)WVV
Communication and Event Intern (MSD)MSD