The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for a three-year sustainable manufacturing program that is expected to begin in early September 2020. Aiming to strengthen the lower Mekong region as a competitive and environmentally sustainable manufacturing hub, the program features private-sector engagement to drive the adoption of improved environmental and social safeguards by factories in the food processing, electronics and textiles sectors. The program will focus primarily on Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam, with both country-specific and region-wide activities.
Drawing on extensive private sector experience and knowledge of manufacturing in the region, the DCOP will lead the implementation of the program in Vietnam, driving engagement with global brands sourcing from manufacturers in Vietnam in the targeted sectors, as well as with supply chains, industry associations and financial institutions. S/he will manage the country team and ensure the success and coordination of all program activities in country, including implementation of the program’s Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) strategy. S/he will assist the Chief of Party (based in Bangkok) in overseeing the execution of the program overall, including technical oversight of environmental and social governance (ESG) strategies, market analyses, capacity-building, access to finance, demonstration projects, coordination with relevant government entities in Vietnam, and high-level convenings to disseminate learnings. The DCOP will also assist the COP in ensuring that the program adapts to changing circumstances and needs and will resolve challenges and overcome obstacles to program success.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the COP in leading implementation of the Mekong Sustainable Manufacturing Alliance, including support for all aspects of the program’s private sector engagement strategy.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the program’s capacity building components, including with local training and service providers and with manufacturers.
- Support, as needed, the implementation of regional activities aimed at promoting private sector synergies in the Mekong manufacturing sector and advancing ESG improvements.
- Assist the COP and country teams in the implementation of the program’s GESI strategy.
- Lead and manage (and recruit as needed) in-country team, including programmatic, finance and administration staff as well as external consultants.
- Serve as the main point of contact in Vietnam for the project, and foster and maintain collaborative relationships with government counterparts, donor organizations, and local and regional partners.
- Oversee the establishment of systems and record-keeping to ensure the efficient implementation of the project according to ISC and donor regulations.
- Communicate program activities, challenges and accomplishments to the Chief of Party.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of input to work plans, budgets and reports as required by ISC, donors, and other partners.
- Lead in-country financial administration to achieve targets on-time and within budget.
- Support M&E, ensuring that the work meets overall project needs and responds to requests for information from ISC and donors, and analyzing and integrating M&E data into the project management cycle.
- Work closely with ISC United States organizational and programmatic leadership as needed.
- Serve as Acting Chief of Party as needed.
- A master’s degree in business, environmental sustainability, or a related discipline appropriate to the position.
- Minimum of seven years relevant experience successfully addressing environmental sustainability issues in the private sector in the region.
- Project management skills required; familiarity with international donor grant regulations and programs preferred.
- Work experience in Vietnam and preferably throughout the lower Mekong region.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Vietnamese.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently.
- Commitment to the ISC mission and goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated capabilities in working effectively with the private sector, with a particular focus on industry and in-depth knowledge of the lower Mekong region.
- Proven exceptional leadership in program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting across multiple countries.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, and fluency in written and oral English and Thai, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the economic, commercial, and environmental context of Mekong countries.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-sector and multi-disciplinary teams.
ISC is committed to a diverse workplace and highly encourages women, persons with disabilities, and people from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International