- Provide an impartial, independent and informal conflict-resolution mechanism for the settlement of employment-related problems for staff members and related personnel of the Funds and Programmes;
- Identify and analyze policies, procedures and practices within the organizations that cause tension or conflict as well as interpret trends;
- Provide training in conflict management and mediation techniques to the personnel in the Funds and Programmes;
- Raise awareness among staff members and related personnel about the functions and mandate of the Office of the Ombudsman;
- Participate in the development of practices, procedures, standards and policies of UNOMS, as delegated by the Ombudsman;
- Contribute to the preparation of an annual report providing practical recommendations for systemic improvement;
- Assist the Ombudsman in the overall administration of the office including on budget and human resources management by formulating and implementing the work plan, leading personnel performance management and development processes and ensuring that programmed activities are carried out as planned;
- Travel frequently to field offices of the Funds and Programmes, as required, to deal with cases, provide training and increase awareness; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Ombudsman.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Demonstrates ability to remain autonomous and objective in the analysis of a diverse range of issues.
- As a designated neutral party, remains impartial and pursues no personal interest, holds no stake in the outcome of an issue. Considers the legitimate concerns and interests of all affected individuals.
- Maintains strict confidentiality concerning matters that are brought to their attention and takes every reasonable step to safeguard confidential and privileged information. (The ombudsman shall not be compelled by any United Nations official to provide information about concerns brought to his or her attention.)
- Addresses work-related issues through informal means, including mediation, listening, providing and receiving information, identifying and reframing issues, exploring a range of options and undertaking informal fact-finding. With the permission of the staff member, collaborates with other offices and services to resolve work-related concerns and conflicts while respecting the authority and mandate of the involved department or entity.
- Demonstrates a concern for and commitment to justice and fairness. Is guided by the UN Charter, the UN Staff Regulations and the Staff Rules, as well as the ICSC Standards of Conduct for the International Civil Service.
- Master's degree in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) or law is required. Master's degrees in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Psychology, Counselling or other social sciences may be considered.
- Ten years of relevant professional experience, including six years at the international level in ADR and five years as an ombudsman or in an ombudsman office of an international organization is required. Comparable work experience as a mediator may be considered. Experience in litigation in the context of international organizations is a strong asset. UN work experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English with proficiency in French or Spanish is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is a strong asset.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021CARE International in Vietnam
29/04/2021Đại sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ