Deputy Programme Manager Nature-based Solutions for Adaptation in Agriculture
SNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance. Together with our team of over 1,600 people, our mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all.Our core values of people-centeredness and respect, equity and equality, and diversity and inclusion, are fundamental to who we are, and what we do. This is reflected in our vision and mission, and strategy, which sets out our aspirations and commitments as our compass towards 2030. For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
Overview of project
Viet Nam Nature-based Solutions for Adaptation in Agriculture through Private Sector Transformation (VN-ADAPT) is a 5-year, €15m national programme that focuses on two key climate vulnerable landscapes in Viet Nam to be implemented 2023-28. The programme is funded by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV). SNV Viet Nam has been selected to lead the preparation and implementation of the programme in consortium with the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the International Centre for Environmental Management (ICEM). The VN-ADAPT programme design has been prepared and is currently pending approval by the IKI. It is expected to be approved by May 2023. Upon approval, SNV will work with the relevant ministries and provinces to mobilise secure the approval of the programme by the Government of Viet Nam prior to full implementation of activities on the ground.VN-ADAPT aims to improve institutional capacity & strengthen partnerships to channel private innovation & investment towards accelerated adoption of nature-based solutions in the agriculture sector with a focus on two key climate vulnerable landscapes - the Mekong Delta & Central Highland regions. This will be realised through four inter-related work packages, namely: i) Building multi-stakeholder consensus for Nature-based solutions for adaptation in Agriculture (NbSA); ii) Strengthening the enabling legal and policy framework for NbSA and the conservation of biodiversity in production landscapes (including the development of legal guidance for the establishment and implementation of Other Effective Area-based Conservation Measures (OECMs); iii) Mobilising public and private innovation and investment in NbSA; iv) Communications, knowledge management and monitoring and evaluation.
Overview of the PositionThe Deputy Programme Manager (DPM) is responsible for supporting the Programme Manager (PM) with the overall management of the upcoming programme which includes: efficient management of financial resources; review and approval of implementation plans, budgets and monitoring expenditures; supervision of field operations & implementation; supervision of procurement; supervision of monitoring and evaluation; coordination with project implementing partners and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required. S/he will ensure full compliance with the donor contract and regulations and will support oversight of the programme reporting process to the donor. S/he will support oversight of performance management of all SNV project staff working in the programme (including staff based out of regional offices in Ho Chi Minh City and the Central Highlands). In addition to performing the programme management support role, the DPM is expected to provide support to PM on technical aspects and close coordination with local stakeholders and partners. The position is based in Ha Noi.
- Overall support to the PM on overall programme coordination & detailed work planning
- Operational management of the budget & tasks, management of consortium partners, consultants and other sub-contractors
- Political partner liaison & project governance framework development/ institutional arrangements and finalisation programme preparation in line with the requirements of ODA projects in Viet Nam
- Establishment of programme steering committee, working with national and provincial government partners
- Build/develop, strengthen and manage partnerships and relationships with governments, key partners, institutions and other programme stakeholders;
- Networking and representation of SNV and the programme at meetings and events
- Overall management of all human resources and, physical assets related to the programme;
- Ensure proper control and management of financial resources of the programme, including co-investment sub-projects with private sector partners
- Provision of technical backstopping, inputs and guidance on the development of Terms of Reference for programme staff, consultants and sub-contractors, design of sub-packages and key programme deliverables
- Monitor performance of the programme management team to ensure all outcomes, outputs and milestones set in the work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on programme performance;
- A Bachelor’s degree in forestry, agriculture, economics, business, international development, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven ability to work independently; effectively manage time, competing priorities, and complex tasks; and identify opportunities and challenges and propose appropriate responses or solutions.
- Proven excellent project/programme management and problem solving abilities.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible work experience in managing international donor-funded projects/programmes and implementing multi-faceted projects in sectors, e.g. Climate Change; Agriculture; NbS
- Solid and demonstrated experience in project management and demonstrated ability to manage complex institutional coordination arrangements and multiple political and political partners;
- Background in/understanding of agribusiness/private sector engagement in key agricultural sectors, value chain development and climate smart agriculture/climate change adaptation;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English as well as Vietnamese.
- Experience with positive stakeholder engagement, including the agribusiness private sector, international donors (prior experience with German-funded projects, especially the IKI is highly desirable), and government officials
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments;
- Highly-motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills who takes individual accountability seriously;
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral) including reporting and presentation skills;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi