Deputy Project Director for ‘Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam’,
Global Health Security Program, Vietnam Country Program
Title: Deputy Project Director
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Global Health Programs
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH has been working to support local partners in Vietnam for 40 years. Our current portfolio in Vietnam includes work to support health care providers and communities prevent and respond to communicable and noncommunicable diseases, advance digital health innovation, and address global health security priorities.
PATH seeks a Deputy Project Director (DPD) for a potential United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) funded program titled “Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam”. The project’s goal is to increase Vietnam’s ability to prevent, detect, and respond to emergencies of public health importance, as well as emerging infectious disease threats. This program expands on PATH’s current US CDC-funded Global Health Security Partnership activities in Vietnam.
The DPD will support the Project Director (PD) in daily management of project activities and staff to achieve project milestones and targets. They will coordinate closely with the Project Director and finance lead to ensure that project activities are implemented efficiently and in alignment with work plans and budgets, and with the Principal Investigator (PI) to ensure high-quality technical project implementation, in accordance with CDC priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate technical teams to ensure activities are accomplished on time and within budget, and project targets achieved.
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL): lead technical and implementation team meetings to review progress against targets and adapt activities to address areas of underperformance, ensure achievement of targets, and scale up promising approaches.
- Under the direction of the PD, manage technical and implementation teams to develop annual work plans, regular reporting and other required or donor-requested deliverables to improve prevention and avoidable epidemics.
- Provide day-to-day technical guidance, technical assistance, and mentorship on technical strategies being developed or rolled out by the project, with high-level guidance from the PI and PD.
- Establish and maintain strong working partnerships with consortium partners, including coordinating with the PD to ensure that consortium partners submit required deliverables.
- Work with project staff and partners to identify, document, and disseminate best practices.
- Represent PATH and the project to donors, government partners, and other stakeholders, in place of the PI and PD, as needed.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, medicine, epidemiology, or a related field.
- At least seven years of demonstrated experience in project management, operations, and administration for US government-funded projects. Demonstrated success in managing complex, CDC-funded projects required.
- Demonstrated technical depth of health system strengthening strategies in Vietnam.
- Demonstrated scientific expertise in global health security, epidemiology, disease surveillance, outbreak detection and emergency management and response. Expertise in laboratory systems or public health workforce development strongly preferred.
- Experience working with the Global Health Security Agenda.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data for decision making
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other projects, local organizations, the Vietnam MOH and other Vietnam government agencies, and international agencies.
- Experience interfacing with multiple communication channels and online platforms.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
Note: this position is contingent upon donor funding. All offers are conditional upon donor approval.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link (https://bit.ly/3eE3yU5) or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Project Management). Deadline for applications: Candidates that apply before April 27 will be prioritized.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
03/12/2020World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)
15/12/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
14/12/2020World Bank Group
11/12/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)
08/12/2020World Food Programme (WFP)