- Organisation Name: SNV
- Location: Hanoi
- Application Deadline: 20/11/2023
- Contract Type: Full-Time contract
- Contract Duration: Project-based long-term contract
- Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a competitive secondary benefit package
BackgroundSNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance. Together with our team of over 1,600 people, our mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all. Our core values of people-centeredness and respect, equity and equality, and diversity and inclusion, are fundamental to who we are, and what we do. This is reflected in our vision and mission, and strategy, which sets out our aspirations and commitments as our compass towards 2030. For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
Overview of projectViet Nam Nature-based Solutions for Adaptation in Agriculture through Private Sector Transformation (VN-ADAPT) is a 5-year, €15m national programme that focuses on two key climate vulnerable landscapes in Viet Nam to be implemented 2023-28. The programme is funded by the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV). SNV Viet Nam has been selected to lead the preparation and implementation of the programme in consortium with the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the International Centre for Environmental Management (ICEM). The VN-ADAPT programme design has been prepared and is currently pending approval by the IKI. It is expected to be approved by May 2023. Upon approval, SNV will work with the relevant ministries and provinces to mobilise secure the approval of the programme by the Government of Viet Nam prior to full implementation of activities on the ground. VN-ADAPT aims to improve institutional capacity & strengthen partnerships to channel private innovation & investment towards accelerated adoption of nature-based solutions in the agriculture sector with a focus on two key climate vulnerable landscapes - the Mekong Delta & Central Highland regions. This will be realised through four inter-related work packages, namely: i) Building multi-stakeholder consensus for Nature-based solutions for adaptation in Agriculture (NbSA); ii) Strengthening the enabling legal and policy framework for NbSA and the conservation of biodiversity in production landscapes (including the development of legal guidance for the establishment and implementation of Other Effective Area-based Conservation Measures (OECMs); iii) Mobilising public and private innovation and investment in NbSA; iv) Communications, knowledge management and monitoring and evaluation.
Overview of the PositionThe Deputy Team Leader (DTL) is responsible for overall management of the upcoming programme which includes: efficient management of financial resources; review and approval of implementation plans, budgets and monitoring expenditures; supervision of field operations & implementation; supervision of procurement; supervision of monitoring and evaluation; coordination with project implementing partners and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required. S/he will ensure full compliance with the donor contract and regulations and will oversee the programme reporting process to the donor. S/he will oversee performance management of all SNV project staff working in the project (including staff based out of regional offices in Ho Chi Minh City and the Central Highlands). In addition to performing the programme management role, the Deputy Team Leader is expected to provide support to Team Leader on technical and closely contacts with local stakeholders and partners. The position is based in Hanoi.
- Overall support to Team Leader, coordination & detailed work planning;
- Operational management of the budget & tasks, management of consultants
- Political partner liaison & project governance framework development/ institutional arrangements;
- Establishment of project steering committee, working with provinces;
- Execute overall programme management;
- Build, strengthen and manage partnerships with governments, key partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Manage sub-contractors and coordinate project consortium partners;
- Overall management of all human, physical resources related to the project;
- Ensure proper control and management of financial resources of the project, including the matching grant facility;
- Monitor performance of the project management team to ensure all milestones set in the work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans;
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance
- A Bachelor’s degree in forestry, agriculture, economics, business, international development, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred;
- Proven ability to work independently; effectively manage time, competing priorities, and complex tasks; and identify opportunities and challenges and propose appropriate responses or solutions;
- Proven excellent project management and problem solving abilities;
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible work experience in managing international donor-funded projects and implementing multi-faceted projects in sectors, e.g. Climate-Smart Agriculture, Agri-Business;
- Solid and demonstrated experience in project management and demonstrated ability to manage complex institutional coordination arrangements and multiple political and political partners;
- Background in/understanding of agribusiness/private sector engagement in key agricultural sectors, value chain development and climate smart agriculture/climate change adaptation;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English as well as Vietnamese.
- Experience with positive stakeholder engagement, including the agribusiness private sector, international donors, and government officials;
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments;
- Highly-motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills who takes individual accountability seriously;
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral) including reporting and presentation skills;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.
How to apply?Join our team by applying today! If you are passionate about making a difference in people's lives and possess the required qualifications, we encourage you to submit your application until 5PM, November 20th, 2023. At SNV, we value your privacy, and rest assured that all your information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Applicants will be requested to provide us with the contact details of three people who are willing to act as a reference. We will only contact these references after your explicit permission. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with a Selection Committee will take place. SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự