VVOB is a non-profit organisation with over 35 years of experience in improving the quality of education systems from a rights-based perspective. VVOB has currently long-term partnerships with education actors in 9 countries in the South (Cambodia, DR Congo, Ecuador, Rwanda, South Africa, Suriname, Vietnam, Zambia and Uganda) and in Belgium/Flanders. Its annual budget is around 13 million euros.
In Vietnam, VVOB is currently implementing the following programmes/projects:
- Mitigating Preschool Children’s Barriers to Learning in Disadvantaged and Ethnically Diverse Districts (BaMi), funded by the Belgian Federal Government, Directorate General for Development Cooperation (DGD).
- Integrating Play-based Learning Activities for Young learners (iPLAY) (2019-2023), funded by The LEGO Foundation.
This call focusses on the BaMi programme that started in 2017 and will be completed in 2021.
PURPOSE, USE AND OBJECTIVES
Through this consultancy, VVOB’s aims are twofold:
- upgrade its VVOB Vietnam’s Moodle design
- design a self-guided Moodle course on process-oriented child monitoring
VVOB Vietnam has a Moodle Cloud website with a basic VVOB-themed design which is currently only used by VVOB staff to develop online courses and to practice within Moodle. An online course on process-oriented child monitoring is available in a rudimentary format as well.
The main objectives of this consultancy can be summarised as follows:
- To upgrade VVOB Vietnam’s Moodle design to:
- be visually appealing
- engage users through playful and creative design
- offer the most optimal user experience and interface
- To design a professional self-guided Moodle course on process-oriented child monitoring with following criteria:
- user-friendly interface
- visually appealing
- designed with gamification elements
- variety of challenging, interactive and engaging learning components
- variety of automated assessments and pre-programmed feedback and tips
- allows for practice via interactive stories and videos
- high-quality audio-visual materials
- downloadable interactive process-oriented child monitoring guide (cfr. Issuu flipbook)
PROFILE OF THE CONSULTANCY TEAM
We are looking for a team of Moodle specialists and instructional designers who have experience with designing playful courses for teachers.
The proposed team of consultants should meet following requirements:
- At least 5 years of experience with designing Moodle websites and online courses
- Proven experience designing online courses with gamification elements
- Proven experience designing professional development courses for education professionals
- Demonstrate creative and out-of-the-box ideas
Able to work with materials delivered in Vietnamese and English
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS (HOW TO APPLY)
VVOB invites teams of consultants that meet the eligibility criteria to submit a clear and elaborate proposal with following requirements:
- Company’s profile - if applicable
- Company’s/consultant’s registration document, banking details confirmed by bank, the financial statements of the last 3 years – if applicable
- CV of proposed consultants
- A sample of a Moodle design/design proposal based on VVOB’s perceived image
- A sample of the team’s portfolio
- At least 3 reference contacts of previous work assignments
- Proposed timeline and key activities for the completion of the assignments
- A breakdown of the costs of the single elements: design of Moodle website, development of online course and the sub-components to develop the course (automated assessments, interactive videos, etc). All costs proposed are tax and other fees included. This quotation also needs to include sufficient information: names, addresses and phone numbers of suppliers, duration of quotation validity, payment method and payment term.
The breakdown should be presented following our template.
The closing date for proposals is 13th September 2021, 09:00AM VN Time
Please read the full Call for Proposals in the attachment.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross