Scope of Work
For a Developer consultant to develop HL7 standard (FHIR) for patient resources to support IDEAL project in Vietnam
PATH is an international, non-profit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions that enable communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. By collaborating with diverse public- and private-sector partners, we help provide appropriate health technologies and vital strategies that change the way people think and act. Our work improves global health and well-being.
PATH has been supporting Vietnam’s Ministry of Health (MOH) to improve the national immunization information system (NIIS) in Vietnam. Currently, there are many facilities that use their own systems to enter vaccination and stock data, fee-based immunization facilities in big cities in particular. To enable data exchange between the NIIS and other systems and comply with the FHIR, standard application program interface (API), required by MOH, PATH is helping to support the development of a FHIR API following HL7 standards for the NIIS, which aims to help other systems exchange vaccination and stock data with the NIIS.
II. Scope of work
The consultant will work to develop appropriate terminology for the NIIS to ensure other immunization software systems can create, read, update and delete data following FHIR API standards for patient resources.
III. Qualifications of consultants
- Vietnam local
- Knowledge and experience using HL7
- At least 2 years’ experience working with health information systems using C# or JAVA
- Experience working independently to full-fill short term deliverables
- Strong communication skills in both Vietnamese and English
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Preference to individuals who have experience or knowledge on the NIIS in Vietnam and/or other software used for tracking individual vaccination information.
IV. Role of Consultant
- Attend meetings with GDPM, Viettel, NEPI and PATH as required.
- Develop API following FHIR standards to support the NIIS to communicatate and exchange data with other siloed software systems utilized in various facilities to record clients’ vaccination history and stock transactions, separate from the NIIS.
- Develop technical guidelines to implement the FHIR API.
V. Duration of Consultant
- 2nd -31st January 2020
VI. Estimated number of consultancy days:
- 10 working days
VII. Deadline for Application: 17 Dec 2019
VIII. Application Address: Mr. Dao Dinh Sang: email@example.com
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children