The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Economic and Prosperity
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of role:
We are seeking a motivated and high performing development adviser to support our governance and inclusive growth programmes and campaigns.
The focus of the Development Adviser (Governance and inclusive growth) in Vietnam will be to support the Embassy’s campaigns and programmes to:
- Reduce poverty and stimulate inclusive, sustainable economic growth;
- Improve the overarching business environment (e.g. regulatory reform, transparency) and finance
- Supplement wider Embassy/HMG efforts to reduce barriers to trade;
- Open new markets for international businesses, including UK companies.
This role will bring together a high level of independence in a complex environment, working closely with trade, economics and prosperity leads at the Embassy as well as across the region and in the FCDO and Other Government Departments in the UK.
The successful candidate will build relationships and work closely with delivery partners, the Government of Vietnam, businesses, beneficiary agencies, NGOs and other external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of the programme. S/he will work to the Head of Development at the British Embassy in Vietnam and will coordinate with regional team in Singapore and in the UK to achieve UK policy objectives and to ensure that programmes comply with OECD rules for ODA. An important aspect of the job will be working with Department of International Trade colleagues in Vietnam and in London to unlock the opportunities created by the Programmes’ interventions for increased inward trade and investment, particularly for UK companies.
The Post will be based at the British Embassy in Hanoi, an international organisation committed to diversity and staff development. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to play an influential role in a high-profile and strategic development initiative in South East Asia, which aims to have a positive impact on economic development and trade, as well as strengthening the relationship between the UK and Vietnam.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
We are looking for a pro-active, engaged individual with a passion for delivering development impacts. The job holder will have three main responsibilities:
- Leading on policy advice and advocacy:
- Lead policy advice and lobbying on policy areas including regulatory reform, transparency, governance and financial system development.
- Engage with delivery partners, proactively seeking opportunities to oversee in-country delivery of the programmes’ components by delivery partners. Utilise strong insight into the impact of the programmes beyond delivery of activity, ensuring synergy with other UK programming and activities in country;
- Collaborate with Department of International Trade colleagues in country to unlock opportunities for increased inward trade and investment, particularly for UK firms
- Advise and design future ODA programmes to support inclusive growth in Vietnam.
- Proactive stakeholder management:
- Building strong relationships with the Government of Vietnam; across government Departments in Hanoi, HCMC and London and delivery partners / implementers;
- Avoiding wider duplication through awareness of other donor activities in the same space.
- Effective and impactful day-to-day management of the programme:
- Deploy excellent programme management skills to drive forward delivery of the programmes in-country, including: inputting into and critically evaluating monitoring, reporting, evaluation and learning; inputting into procurement processes, providing local insight; overseeing delivery including resolution of issues and mitigating risk; managing local benefits realisation and managing relationships with implementing partners.
- Liaise with the regional and global networks (Economics and Trade) and Communications colleagues to deliver effective communications activities.
- Co-ordinate with other programme officers in the SE Asian to drive consistency, deliver efficiencies and increase impact
- Reassessing the ongoing commitment to programme activities, planned outputs and outcomes;
Alongside your core responsibilities you will need to:
- Support the wider Vietnam network’s corporate agenda on diversity and inclusion
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
Staff: The staff will line manage a A2 Programme coordinator based in Hanoi
Resources: ODA programmes to support inclusive growth in Vietnam
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
We are looking for a proactive, confident self-starter who can prioritise to operate in a fast-paced environment, largely unsupervised, delivering to deadlines.
- Graduate with a university degree and at least five years of experience in a relevant field, ideally in a development context
- Experience of policy on trade and economic reform.
- Broad understanding of the Vietnamese business environment, ideally having worked both in the public/private sectors. Thorough understanding of poverty reduction and gender equality issues.
- Experience in developing policy advice/analysis and delivering successful programmes.
- Experience of delivering high quality reports.
- Experience of delivering value for money projects / programmes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money
Application deadline 4 May 2021
Grade C4 (L)
Type of Position Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week 39.5 gross
Duration of Post 12 months
Region Asia Pacific
Location (City) Hanoi
Type of Post British Embassy
Number of vacancies 1
Starting monthly salary (VND) VND 53,809,569
Start Date 28 June 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Relevant job related training will be provided as required. Opportunities to join training courses on policy expertise, programme management and leadership.
This is a full time post. Some flexible working arrangements are possible subject to discussion.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Vietnam Time) on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Please check the application centre regularly for any update on your application.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy