Duty Station: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Status: Full-time. Permanent, Native English Speaker
Application due: 29 May 2020
Starting date: as soon as possible
The Development and Communications Director (DCD) is based in HCMC, Vietnam and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and works with staff from all AIP Foundation offices in order to secure funding for the organization and fully ensure brand consistency, coordination of messages, and the highest standards for external communications. To achieve this, the DCD develops and oversees the implementation of organization-wide fundraising and communication strategies. This position is responsible for managing a development and communication team of several staff across AIP Foundation offices, executing training, and ensuring that the team works in line with the fundraising and communication strategies. In addition, the DCD works closely with AIP Foundation’s programs, finance, monitoring & evaluation teams to ensure the effective proposal development, reporting, and communications to donors.
|Development strategy and implementation||
|Development processes, databases, and document management
|Identifying funding opportunities
|Grant agreement, compliance, and reporting
|Donor liaison and external representation
|Branding & design management||
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in International development, Marketing, Communications, International Studies or relevant field. Master degree is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing and writing funding proposals, partnership development, donor reporting, developing communications for nonprofit organizations, people management.
- Proven success cultivating and managing donations from diverse sources: individuals, corporations, foundations, and governments
- Experience with bilateral and multilateral funding sources
- Experience in writing press-releases and case studies; newsletters; design management
- Demonstrated interest in international road safety; previous experience and current connections within international road safety field a plus
- Native English speaker required.
- Must have working knowledge of the local and national trends, regulations and issues concerning the INGO sector with in-depth knowledge and skills in fundraising and communications.
- Demonstrates sensitively to the cultural and situational diversity of the donors and organization
- Proven track record of a positive, active, strategic and collaborative contribution at a senior level
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to set priorities and organize a challenging and diverse set of responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and leading a team, including strong coaching and capacity building skills in a diverse and cross-cultural environment.
- Strategic thinking and proven track record in business development / resource mobilization with major institutional donors, including fundraising strategy development, donor engagement, and proposal development
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to tailor communications to be effective for a range of audiences and purposes.
- Understanding and experience in award/grant management, and resolving complex donor compliance and reporting issues, is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving, and influencing skills
- Ability to lead change management processes relating to policies, procedures, systems and structures
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Passionate about the fundraising profession and its ability to contribute to resolving international development issues; up-to-date with current fundraising trends
- Ability to work under-pressure and manage multiple, often-competing priorities simultaneously
- Honesty and integrity in managing sensitive internal and external matters
Contact and Deadline
The position will be hired locally and for Native English Speaker only.
Applications are due 29 May 2020. However, please note that due to the urgency to fill the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may be conducted before the closing date.
Please submit a one-page cover letter, maximum two-page CV, and three references with current email address and telephone number to our email: email@example.com
We will inform you before contacting your references. All applications will be carefully vetted, including working history and background checks.
Please do not contact by phone.
About AIP Foundation
AIP Foundation is a U.S. registered 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization addressing the pervasive and devastating rate of road traffic crash injuries and fatalities in developing countries through a holistic set of programs, with a particular focus on helmet use. Our pillared strategy includes access to safe equipment, public awareness campaigns, school-based and targeted population campaigns, technical assistance particularly focused on legislative advocacy and helmet standards; and research, monitoring, and evaluation.
Currently, AIP Foundation has approximately 50 staff with offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Phnom Penh in Cambodia, Bangkok in Thailand and Chengdu in China. AIP Foundation funders and partners include a wide variety of public and private donors. As a member of the United Nations Road Safety Collaboration, AIP Foundation provides input to reports made by the UN Secretary General to the UN General Assembly. For additional information, please visit http://aip-foundation.org/
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
19/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP