USAID CCN/TCN PSC
The United States Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Development Assistance Specialist (Strategic Information (SI) Team Lead) in its U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
1. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO.: USAID-2021-02
2. OPENING DATE: February 04, 2021
3. CLOSING DATE: March 15, 2021, 17:00 Hanoi time
4. AREA OF CONSIDERATION: All Interested candidates/All sources who are Cooperating Country National)
Cooperating country national (CCN) means an individual who is a cooperating country citizen, or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
5. POINT OF CONTACT:
Quyen Hoang, Human Resources Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000 ; ext. 2763 ; and Loan Nguyen, Human Resources and Travel Assistant at email@example.com ; Tel: +84-24-3850-5000; at ext. 2673.
6. POSITION TITLE: Development Assistance Specialist (Strategic Information (SI) Team Lead), VN-023
7. MARKET VALUE/Salary (per annum): US$ 32,908.00 – US$ 49,380.00 (FSN-11)
Added by attractive allowances, cash and non-cash benefits, cash incentives according to U.S. Embassy Vietnam’s Local Compensation Plan.
8. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/Length of the contract/ WORK SCHEDULE: Definite term - five years / Monday through Friday (40 hours per week).
USAID expects the services under this contract to be continuing in nature for the contractor to perform under a series of sequential contracts, subject to the availability of fund.
9. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE:
USAID/Vietnam, Office of Health, 6 th floor, Tung Shing Building, No. 2 Ngo Quyen street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam
10. SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Local Security Certification or Public Trust
11. BACKGROUND INFORMATION OF THE POSITION
The Development Assistance Specialist (Strategic Information (SI) Team Lead) position is located in the Office of Health (OH), United Agency for International Development (USAID) Vietnam in Hanoi. This position reports to the Senior HIV/AIDS Technical Advisor and supervises the Health Information System (HIS) Specialist position. S/he will serve as a key member of both the USAID Vietnam HIV team and the interagency President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) team of the United States Government (USG). As the Team Lead of Strategic Information, s/he is responsible for the overall strategic direction and management of the monitoring and evaluation of the USAID's portfolio of 7 HIV/AIDs activities, totaling $17 million annually. The incumbent effectively performs duties and responsibilities within the following areas: data analysis, assessment and research; reporting and communications; identification and resolution of issues affecting overall program performance; technical assistance to HIV/AIDS implementing partners; strategic planning; and maintaining/establishing US Embassy, host country and other stakeholder relations. The incumbent has a leadership role in representing USAID to the Ministry of Health and engaging with key stakeholders including the Government of Vietnam (GVN), other international donors, civil society organizations and Community Based Organization (CBO) umbrella networks, and community involved in the HIV response.
12. MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Education: Possession of a master’s degree in medicine, health sciences, public health, biology, epidemiology, strategic health information systems or social science is required.
Prior Work Experience: A minimum of five years (5) of mid-to-senior level experience in the field of public health or development projects is required. Prior experience and technical knowledge in designing survey questionnaires and training data collection enumerators, data analysis, data management, and program monitoring is required.
Language Proficiency: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English and Vietnamese is required (this will be tested)
Job Knowledge: Must have:
- A sound knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of HIV/AIDS and the strategies most effective in HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment and support, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Vietnam's health system, both the public and private sectors, and the appropriate-government and non-government entities specifically related to M&E systems and data use activities.
- Knowledge of, or the potential to quickly acquire knowledge of USAID programming policies, regulations, procedures, and documentation, and of the objectives, methodology, and status of assigned activities.
Skills and Abilities: Must be able to:
- Identify statistically valid sampling size and techniques, collect, analyze, and monitor and evaluate a variety of data.
- Organize and present technical information in concise written and oral form.
- Plan, develop, manage and evaluate important and complex programs independently.
- Provide information and advice in assigned areas objectively.
- Follow oral instructions, and organize, prioritize and follow through expeditiously on all assignments with minimal oversight and details oriented as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain contacts as appropriate with GVN and with stakeholders in the non-governmental arena in order to explain USAID- and PEPFAR-specific project program policies, objectives and procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to transmit and interpret host country government and non-governmental sector program-related concerns to senior USAID officials and Mission management.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to deal effectively and efficiently with others in a professional setting.
- Learn and use office software such as Microsoft Office Suit, Google Applications and Agency specific software related to the work.
- Self-motivate and have strong work ethics.
13. EVALUATION AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
A Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) will be set up to manage the whole evaluation and selection processes. Applications will be initially screened for eligibility in accordance with the required qualifications mentioned above including education, prior work experiences and language. Eligible candidates will be given an English test. Those candidates who meet the English requirement (Level IV) will be invited for the subject matter expertise test (SME test) and the top performers from the SME test will be called for an interview. The SME test and the interview will be structured around the selection criteria above. Professional reference checks will be conducted once the pool is narrowed down to the top candidate(s).
In summary, the steps in the Candidates rating system are as follows:
- Meet education/experience requirements: Pass/fail
- Language requirements: Pass/ Fail
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) test: Top scoring candidates from SME test will be invited for interview
- Professional Reference Checks: Pass/Fail
At the final selection round, the TEC may consider the performance from all selection round as a whole package to ensure the best matching profile (relevant experience in donor organization/ development sector, public health, development projects, designing survey questionnaires and training data collection enumerators, data analysis, data management, and program monitoring…).
Only final-round candidates will be notified of the selection result.
14. HOW TO APPLY:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
- Offerors/ Candidates are required to complete and submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on the Website of the U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Vietnam below, Curriculum Vitae and scanned copies of degrees to support the position’s educational requirement. https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2019-07-Updated-DS174.pdf
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section 3 and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section 5.
- To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Applicants must prominently reference the Job Announcement number in the submission.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
15. BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a CCNPSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances in accordance with United States Mission Vietnam ‘s Local Compensation Plan and regulations:
- One-month basic salary Tet Bonus
- Contribution to mandatory insurances pursuant to GVN’s law/ regulations including social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Coverage of additional health insurance 90% for incumbent and each eligible family member
- Annual and sick leave according to local labor law
- Mission cash award (semi-annual/ annual) and On-the-Spot award for high performers
- Training opportunities abroad, in-country, on-the-job and online sources (USAID University and Foreign Services Institute).
- ALLOWANCES (as applicable):
- Unique Condition Work allowance: 7% of Annual basic salary (upon annual review).
- Miscellaneous Benefits Allowance: US$1,000 per annum for FSN-09 and below and US$3,000 per annum for FSN-10 and above.
16. ADDITIONAL SELECTION AND APPLICATION CRITERIA:
- The Contracting Officer will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, funds availability and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current employees identified as an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Performance Evaluation Report are not eligible to apply.
- All candidates for employment with the US Mission must pass a background/security investigation and a medical certification. Any employment offer with the US Mission is contingent upon a candidate’s ability to secure the necessary certifications.
- All applicants must be a naturalized citizen of the host country or must have the required work permit or documentation that permits the applicant to work legally in the country in order to be eligible for consideration.
- Please clearly indicate in your application, the title of the position you are applying for. Any application that does not specify the position applied for will NOT be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date and time of the announcement will NOT be considered.
- The application must contain all information necessary to demonstrate that the candidate possesses the education, experience, skills and language abilities required for this position.
- Applicants who fail to meet requirements for the position will be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people regardless of to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital or parental status, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, political affiliation, involvement in protected EEO activity, or other non-merit factor. The Mission also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
06/05/2021Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam