DIGITAL CONTENT ASSOCIATE, Vietnam (Contract)
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools during two time periods that are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education. We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. By focusing on the quality of education provided within the communities and ensuring these outcomes are measured, we have created a model that can be replicated, localized and sustained by governments. Room to Read has benefited 16.8 million children across over 37,000 communities in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Grenada, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Vietnam, and Zambia. Learn more at www.roomtoread.org
Room to Read’s Literacy Strategy
Room to Read combines the science of learning to read with the magic of loving to read. Through our Literacy Portfolio, we train and coach teachers, create quality children’s books and curricular materials, and establish libraries filled with diverse children’s books in local languages that can be enjoyed at school or home. We partner with local communities, governments and the publishing industry to test and implement innovative models that help children succeed in school and develop a love of reading. We also integrate our literacy practices into public education systems to achieve literacy outcomes at scale. This position focuses on our quality book publishing and online platform aspects of the literacy program.
Quality Children’s Books and Other Reading Materials
We demonstrate best practices for children’s book development, and we train local publishers, authors, and illustrators in story and illustration development, editing and design. We analyze and fill the book-level and book-genre gaps in each country, to ensure that children have access to a diverse collection that develops strong reading skills and shares the wonder of good books. And we involve education ministries in establishing standards for book quality and partnering with the local publishing industry. This work across the entire publishing ecosystem increases both the supply of and the demand for high-quality local-language children's books for government, school, and individual purchase.
Room to Read’s Literacy Cloud
Room to Read’s literacycloud.org is the go-to digital resource for those interested in supporting children’s love of reading. In the cloud, you can find Room to Read’s free digital Global Book Collection, where you can search for books by reading level, theme and popularity, and save books for offline use. You can also find downloadable resources and videos to support reading activities, libraries and book development.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Content Associate is to assist the Literacy Team in ensuring that Vietnamese text for storybooks is added to the Literacy Cloud platform. This will include managing and tracking all steps in the process, including organizing adaptation workshops to version English text into Vietnamese, inputting final text into the platform, working with copyeditors, and making sure the appropriate quality reviews take place. The Associate will also contribute improvement suggestions to the Literacy Cloud interface to Literacy Cloud Manager, as discovered through their use of the platform. Other tasks related to the Vietnamese content of Literacy Cloud may be included as necessary. The Digital Content Associate reports to the Digital Project Manager, Vietnam.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Project manages the entire process necessary to input Vietnamese text for a storybook on the Literacy Cloud.
- Organizes adaptation workshops to version English book titles into Vietnamese in partnership with Book Publishing team, as necessary;
- Inputs Vietnamese, ensuring correct line breaks, text size, and alignment.
- Ensures vietnamese is reviewed by a copyeditor/QRM for review and approval, and tracks this process for each book.
- Manages approval process and publishes each book upon approval.
- Assists with other uploads (videos, resources, as needed). This may include coordinating subtitles for existing video content.
- Makes recommendations to Digital Project Manager, Vietnam for improvements to the Literacy Cloud platform.
- Bachelor’s degree (in art, design, communications, education, or a related field), or equivalent experience;
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator;
- Experience with basic project management, such as tracking the process, following up on timelines, working with individuals to meet deadlines;
- Data entry experience;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; and
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
To be successful as a member of the Room to Read team, you will also:
- Knowledge and understanding of the children’s book industry and quality children’s literature;
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead.
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic non-profit organization;
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so;
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction;
- Work well independently as well as part of a team; and
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
- Please submit your application preferably with a cover letter, online by visiting our website www.roomtoread.org (about us > careers > see current vacancies)
- Alternately, send to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that we cannot respond to all applicants personally due to high applicant volume.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất