The Director of HR, Administration & Safeguarding shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office. The Director in his/her capacity is responsible for human resource management, HR development, HRIS, compensation, safeguarding, staff well-being and Country Office Administration. The Director ensures that SCI’s core values are upheld in staff’s daily work. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring that the SCI essential standards and quality framework are being met for HR, Administration and Safeguarding. The Director ensures productive relationship with government agencies and responsible to provide support to SCI’ staff and partners in implementing the Govt. laws.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
AS A MEMBER OF THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM, SHE/HE:
- Demonstrates behaviours that are consistent with Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values and ensure their broader application by staff across the programme.
- Contributes to a conducive and productive work environment in a way that promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our teams to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors.
- Designs and implements a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to programme needs
- Helps establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with: humanitarian and development donors, host government authorities, partner agencies, and other NGO actors
- Ensures the Vietnam Country Office complies with relevant Save the Children standards of Quality Framework and standard operating procedures
- Contributes to the design and implementation of the Vietnam Country Strategic Plan
STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCES PLANNING
- Responsible for conceptualization, design and management of staffing strategies to ensure that the organisation acquires and retains a qualified workforce capable of meeting current organisational strategic goals in both development and emergency contexts
- Works closely with the programme departments to ensure that adequate HR inputs are provided and incorporated during development and implementation of all projects/programmes.
- Ensures appropriate job descriptions for critical and senior positions are developed and reflect Save the Children’s dual mandate. Takes the lead on the job evaluation process to ensure JD fit well with SC’s grade structure
- Ensures hiring practices are fair, equitable and consistent and comply with local regulations, conduct ongoing analysis to determine organizational staffing profile
- Prepares/participates in long range people forecasting & HR planning for the organization
- Prepares terms and conditions of employment and issues all employment and consultancy contracts for the Country Director’s approval in compliance with Vietnamese Labour Laws (when required) and any other relevant SCI, donor and Member guidelines
- Ensures appropriate and adequate emergency HR procedures are detailed in the Country Office Emergency Preparedness Plan in order to enable rapid scale up, and that all HR staff members understand and are able to perform their roles in an emergency.
- Acts as overall budget holder for HR and administration to ensure accurately and efficiently develop authorised budget.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Overall management and design of competitive and appropriate compensation and benefit policies for all employees, including short term and/or contract employees in emergencies
- Conducts compensation reviews, computes the Cost of Living Allowance, formulates and implements employee benefit schemes and insurance packages and reviews periodically to bring in best practices
- Ensures maintenance of updated information on staff salaries, allowances, ensuring compliance with current laws and regulations in close collaboration with other SMT members
- Ensures the required level of HR support to all field offices.
- Institutes and manages an appropriate Performance Management and Succession Planning system to ensure that the organization has a ready supply of staff with the requisite skills and competencies.
- Ensures quality and accuracy in use of Human Resources Information Systems (Oracle and Taleo) as well as submission all related report on time.
- Ensures all related KPIs and Management indicators are fully met within SCI Standards.
- Ensures overall budget for HR and Administration are well managed and implemented according to plan with high cost efficiency.
HUMAN RESOURCE POLICY
- Responsible for development, management and effective communications of Save the Children’s human resources policies and procedures.
- Plans, develops and implements human resources policies and procedures in accordance with the organisation’s goals and statutory requirements
- Ensures that HR policies reflect a workplace free of discrimination and incorporate gender and diversity values of Save the Children
HR DEVELOPMENT & EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
- Manages the overall Employee Relations for the organization
- Sets the tone in terms of a positive management culture and ethics and facilitates their institutionalisation at all levels, and ensures good teamwork within all field offices and the country office, as well as with other Member staff visiting or being deployed to the Country Office, including within emergency responses.
- Works closely with SMT and other management staff to manage and coordinate grievance management and disciplinary proceedings involving any staff member and recommend appropriate action to resolve disputes.
- Advises SMT and Country Director on appropriate actions for prevention and response to any legal issue arising out of Save the Children’s work or employment, and coordinate actions with legal counsel
- Provides guidance in formulating organization level talent development and wider staff development initiatives so that Save the Children Vietnam has staff with the necessary skills and competencies
- Provides guidance to Programme functions in finalizing plans for capacity building of staff and formulating the annual training calendar
- Ensures induction for all new Save the Children staff in line with Save the Children’s best practices (Passport to Success, online inductions) and support line managers to
- Implements and follows up on employee engagement initiatives (including survey and local initiatives)
SCI SAFEGUARDING FRAMEWORK
- Provides overall leadership and oversight to the implementation of the Safeguarding plan, policies and allocate appropriate resource for Safeguarding
- Ensures that all of Save the Children work in Vietnam is up to expected safeguarding standards and ensures strong support to partners in implementing the safeguarding standard and relevant laws.
- Oversees Safeguarding cases and ensures that Safeguarding focal points are appropriately skilled. Leads on investigations of alleged of safeguarding and/or provide technical support as appropriate. Ensures strict confidentiality in all such dealings, and compile and share lessons learnt.
- Ensures Child Safeguarding Manager and country Safeguarding focal persons understand and promote values of efficiency, responsiveness, accountability, familiarity and compliance with SCI Policies & Procedures.
- Ensures a suite of tailored mandatory core training workshops is delivered to enable country office staff to undertake their roles and mainstream safeguarding functions.
LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensures all HR policies and procedures are in full compliance with local law and registered with relevant ministries as needed
- Coordinates with related local authorities, Supply Chain Managers on legal compliance such as application for employment workbook, work permit, registration employment contract for foreigner staff, staff movement declaration and assist staff for health check-up;
- Ensures there is appropriate vetting (including anti-terrorism) for consultant, employees, partners and other related parties before engaging them in a legal contract
- Ensures principles set out in Data Protection Policies applied in the handling and safeguarding of Personal Data entrusted to SCI and sets out the obligations of Staff in relation to Personal Data SCI holds or Processes.
- Collaborates with SMTs in providing overall leadership, oversight and monitoring to the implementation of the Vietnam country risk management plan.
- Develops a manual on administration and systems and regularly updates according to changing organizational requirements and global policy. Ensures all staff are fully briefed in operating the administration and systems.
- Oversees Vietnam Admin Dept. and promotes values of efficiency, responsiveness and accountability; ensures familiarity and compliance with Vietnam CO Policies & Procedures Manual as well as compliance with government laws and contractual obligations.
- Maintains productive relationship with VUFO and PACCOM and coordinates the Country Office’s efforts in renewals and/or obtaining necessary Framework MOUs and permits according to the government regulations
- Leads, manages and motivates respective staff ensuring that they have clear work plans and objectives
- Ensures appropriate staffing within Human Resources, Administration and Safeguarding Dept.
- Ensures that all respective staff understand and are able to perform their roles in an emergency
- Manages the HR, Administration and Safeguarding team; defines expectations, provides leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluates direct reports regularly
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Post-Graduate qualifications in Personnel Management or Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in Human Resources.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Post Graduate Degree in a relevant field plus professional qualification would be desirable
- A minimum of 5 years management experience at senior management level in a corporate or an NGO environment with a total of work experience of 10 years.
- Experience in the development of strategic and operational HR, Admin and Safeguarding plans and their implementation in a professional work environment for a sustained period of time ie. at least three years.
- Ability to lead administration of a large organization like SCI
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to express oneself succinctly, creatively and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate qualified professional staff with strong personal value systems.
- Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office.
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational values and programmatic goals of Save the Children
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
Location: VietBank Building, 70-72 Ba Trieu, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi Closing Date: March 2023
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send an email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties by our global anti-harassment policy.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)
Thực Tập Sinh Phòng Văn Hoá - Thông Tin (Đại Sứ Quán Hoa Kỳ)
Senior Finance ManagerAIP Foundation
Just Energy Transition Partnership Delivery Lead, HEO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Consultant/Consultancy team (WVV)WVV
LE4 Finance and HR Officer (Australian Embassy)Australian Embassy
Program Intern (part-time) (PSI)PSI
MEAL Coordinator (Save the Children)Save the Children
National Migration Health Consultant (IOM)IOM
Temporary Area Program Sponsorship Falicitator (WVV)WVV
Communications Manager, USAID Saving Threatened Wildlife (USAID STW) (WWF)WWF
Community forest consultant in Quang Nam Province (RECOFTC)RECOFTC
Communications Intern (maximum 6 months) (Hagar)Hagar
Project Officer on Competition and Consumer Protection (GIZ)GIZ
Child Protection and Education Collaborator (GNI)GNI
Sector Leader Energy (SNV)SNV
Trợ Lý Dự Án Full-time (Viện Nghiên cứu phát triển cộng đồng ACDC)ACDC
Consultancy services at GIZ (GIZ)GIZ
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Lead – Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) Vietnam (WVV)WVV
Communication and Event Intern (MSD)MSD