Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Lead at any existing Save the Children office location.
This role will bring expertise and leadership to embed Diversity, Equality and Inclusion into everything.
we do. With the help of key internal stakeholders, it will constantly shape and lead our DEI agenda.
across Save the Children International globally, ultimately making SCI a great place to work for all of our people.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A proven track record of developing and implementing DEI strategies, frameworks, policies, processes and tools, much of which must have been applied in an international context
- Significant experience working across a variety of global contexts and cultures
- In depth knowledge of DEI best practices, concepts and programmes
- Familiarity with legal matters related to DEI
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and able to paint a picture/deliver insight with data; effective with a range of audiences from local staff to Board level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, influence and collaborate within a complex and political stakeholder network.
- The ability to think strategically, to identify the key people/DEI practice implications of the organisation’s plans and to proactively create an integrated approach.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other HR and management colleagues across the Save the Children family including well developed influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative style and approach, and ability to work effectively across cultures.
- Strong influencing skills coupled with the ability to operate in a complex, multi-faceted, geographically dispersed organisation.
- A great communicator.
- Proactive with plenty of initiative.
- Highly developed research and analytical skills
- An understanding of and commitment to the work and international context of Save the Children
- Experience of working with a high degree of autonomy on large projects working with significant levels of ambiguity around the process; ability to be self-supporting
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas
We can offer circa £58,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Deadline: 30 September 2021
21/10/2021The Oxford Unniversity Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU)
31/10/2021Save the Children
27/10/2021Save the Children
21/10/2021Save the Children
27/10/2021Save the Children
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV