Bread for the World (BftW) is a German non-government organisation. As an ecclesial organisation BftW works the globe to contribute to an inclusive socio-economic development to overcome poverty. The key guiding principles are social justice and ecological responsiblity.
The regional office (VEST) for Vietnam and Laos in Hanoi is cooperating with local and international partner organisation since 1996.
For our operations in Vietnam and Laos, we are looking for a: Driver and support Administration
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide daily safe and comfortable driving services for the Regional Office of Bread for the World in Hanoi within the capital and to different provinces, districts and communes in Vietnam and Laos. Core duties include, but are not limited to:
- Daily pick up and dropping driving services during times required, including traveling to partner offices in Hanoi and nearby, Hanoi airports and long-distance travelling
- Ensuring safe and vigilant driving for passengers in your care and engine-friendly and gentle gearing driving
- Ensuring safe starting, holding and moving off on inclines
- Getting familiar with frequent travel routes within Hanoi, especial to all partner offices and throughout the countryside of Vietnam and Laos
- Keeping a detailed and accurate logbook for each and any travelling and record of fuel consumption
- Regular vehicle safety check, in particular before field travels, e.g.: tyre pressures, hydraulic fluid, oil, safety vests, tow rope/bar and hook and first aid equipment etc.
- Immediate information without any delay to the Administrative Officer in regards to the functionality of the vehicle, damages or any accident happening
- Regular vehicle cleaning (inside and outside), in particular throughout cleaning after travelling
- Minor logistical and administrative support in the office like errands, including post office,
purchasing office supplies, labelling files and separation sheets according BftW filling structure
- Perform other duties as requested
Essential skills required
- Formal training as an official driver from B2
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience, preferably with an official development cooperation organization
- Driving experience – 4 WD and off road under difficult condition
- High familiarity with different navigation systems like Google
- Basic first aid skills
- Intercultural sensitiveness and communication skills
- Good health conditions
- Basic English skills (listening, speaking)
- Simple computer application (word and excel)
We welcome job applications of female and male Vietnamese and Laotian residents in Vietnam.
If you are interested and you see yourself matching the above require, we are looking forward to your application and significant documents, including CV, driving licence, police record and references, all in English or Vietnamese to firstname.lastname@example.org until 31.05.2020
Selected candidates who best match the requirement only will be invited for initial interviews. The competitive remuneration package is based on BftW policies and working experience.
The assignment shall start at June 2020.
04/06/2020Embassy of Denmark
15/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020Save the Children
10/06/2020World Vision International - Vietnam
National Team Leader and International Team Member for Feasibility Study of Opportunities for Viet Nam to Participate in SEADRIFUNDP