The DRR Project Officer is a member of DRR&ER team and primarily responsible for the implementation of the Emergency Project in Quang Binh and Thua Thien Hue provinces. She/he will assist to ensure that project implementation is consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Program Planning and Implementation
Emergency Preparedness and responses
- Take the lead in working with Red Cross at provincial to commune level in consultation with Danang Filed Office Manager to ensure all project’s activities run as required and agreed workplan.
- Facilitate beneficiary identification, relevant training for local partners, and provision of emergency items for flood affected communities,
- Work closely with DRR team members, especially other POs in Da Nang and local partners to draft and finalise workplan for emergency response, detailed implementation plan and distribution plan which are aligned with community’s needs
- Work with DRR team members and other relevant departments to develop or adjust existing communication materials/ training materials in use for communication sessions when delivering emergency response.
- Support Da Nang Field Office Manager to communicate with relevant partners to get pre-agreement for the cooperation in Emergency Response.
- Finance Management and Budget Control
- Work closely with line manager and finance team in overall project budgeting, cash forecast, phasing budgets and expense claim.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep cost-efficiency of the actions.
- Havng daily/ weekly communication with budget holder and DRR team members to update project progress and project issues if any.
- Program Development, Monitoring, reporting, accountability and learning
- Actively participate and provide inputs for developing new concept notes/proposals for emergency response.
- Keep self-up-to-date the project progress with the DRR &ER Program Manager and DRR &ER team
- Be responsible for the field MEAL, including regular monitoring visits to targeted provinces and the post distribution monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability across team.
- Collect feedbacks from beneficiaries and partners on project implementation and any other project related issues.
- Initiate the development of case studies and other project materials (such as).
- Draft relevant reports (regular internal and donor reports) for line manager to finalize the report before submission to program manager for review and compilation.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, social work, environment or related fields.
- At least 2 years’ experience at project officer’s level in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields.
- Experience in community – based disaster risk management and children focused programming is desirable.
- Good understanding of disaster risk challenges in the Central is desirable.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Well organized and good experience of effective budget monitoring, developing and management.
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Prior experience working with Save the Children and familiarity with organization’s policies and procedures will be an advantage.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Closing Date for Application: 02 December, 2020
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International