Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: London, United Kingdom
Required Language(s): English
About the World Bank Group:
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, the WBG works with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
ITS Global Telecoms and Client Services (ITSGC) ITSGC is a service department that provides global communications and client services, products and support to the World Bank Group. Services provided by ITSGC include: global network, unified communications (Telephony and Video-conferencing), end-user device and mobility service provisioning, IT support (Helpdesk, front-line IT support and IT training), and rapid application development. ITSGC Department Services are as follows: Network and Infrastructure Delivery (ITSNI) The unit connects the WBG workforce in HQ and Country Offices through a global network. This unit also manages the delivery of IT Infrastructure projects in Country Offices.
Unified Communications (ITSCU) The unit manages the telephony, video, and virtual meetings capabilities to support the WBG’s global operations and workforce.
Client Services (ITSCS) The unit provides IT support services across HQ and 150+ regional locations, through a multi-channel approach (24×7 Service Desk, Walk-Ins, Live Chat, email, Click for a Call, Self-Help Knowledge Base). It also ensures delivery of IT initiatives and products to WBG staff and drives Client relationships, programs and oversight.
End User & Workplace Computing (ITSEW) The unit manages the end-user computing environment globally including PCs, mobile devices, remote access services for corporate and personal devices, and Managed Print Services at HQ and in COs.
Rapid Application Development & Sofia SSC (ITSRD) The unit provides fee-based rapid application development for small to mid-scale software solutions that fall out of scope from Enterprise offerings.
The IT Regional Client Services is primarily tasked with ensuring the cohesive delivery of regional IT programs and initiatives, as well as aligning existing support channels with business needs. In achieving its objectives and providing for a best possible IT customer experience, Client Support directs and partners with CO/HQ IT Support teams, 24/7 IT Service Desks, Training and Outreach, as well as cross-functional teams delivering products and solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of IT Team Lead the ETT will:
- Serve as the point of contact on all matters related to hardware, software and communications support for WBG users and visitors in the CO.
- Help with deployments and implementation of various hardware (personal productivity devices,MFDs, network equipment, servers…), software, telephony and video conferencing systems.
- Provide IT training for staff, particularly for newly hired staff.
- Setup, configure, and maintain videoconference, audio-visual equipment and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences.
- When necessary support installation, maintenance and upgrades of local networks and communications infrastructure as part of the office infrastructure projects.
- Assist staff in procurement of smartphones and other mobile devices.
- Document, maintain and enhance work processes and standards in the area, including documenting procedures for troubleshooting and incident resolution/solution.
- Disseminate relevant IT information to Country Office and visiting staff.
- Collect feedback on IT services from clients, through surveys and other tools, and inform other IT colleagues in the office, Region and if necessary, inform other relevant ITS teams. Track trending of issues and escalate, as appropriate.
- Assist in establishing the IT budget for the CO.
- Evaluate and pilot test new products and services, both hardware and software.
- Propose IT applications and coordinate their implementations. Provide local expertise on all WBG Standard Software and Corporate applications.
- Administer WBG information security standards, including requesting IT accounts, SecurID, remote access and passwords. Adhere to Institutional policies and advise on ITS policies, directives and procedures. Consistently enforce WBG technology standards. Ensure that the integrity and security of WBG Systems are not compromised from within or outside the corporation.
- Participate in Service Continuity, Security and Business Continuity activities. Troubleshoots, provide workarounds, and permanent fixes to issues identified in the end user environment.
- Attend training when required and maintain a working knowledge of the IT trends in the business relevant to supporting the WBG IT standards. Monitor local city and national technology trends and developments.
- Maintain a proper inventory of all CO IT related equipment and software. Act as the Software Asset Custodian (SAC) on behalf of the CO clients and ensure licensed software is tracked and maintained in line with the Institutional Software Asset Management (ISAM) Procedure.
- Participate in facilities work and vendor management, as part of CO administrative teams.
- Use the incident management tracking system to track work and analyze reports to identify problem areas and training opportunities. Ensure Service Level Agreements are maintained with local maintenance providers.
- Work closely with other ITS colleagues in the office, region and in ITS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems/Sciences/IT with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, preferably with donor/funded, International Organizations/Institutions or reputable telecom/IT sector or Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Good Knowledge of IT Technologies (Troubleshooting, Windows Platform, Exchange, Microsoft Office, Printers,Scanners, Servers and alike).
- Experience of serving Clients in a multi-cultural environment.
Core Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Good Knowledge of IT Technologies: Windows Platform, Microsoft Office, MFD, Servers, Smartphones etc.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to work under pressure with accuracy and professionalism.
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS service and other networking methods and technologies.
- Proficiency in the recent Microsoft Windows applications.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Outlook and Office products.
- Knowledge of Network communication technologies and other WAN/LAN products.
- Familiarity with IP Telephony and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge and experience of setting up and supporting Videoconference Facilities.
- Comfortable using remote access technologies and remote troubleshooting.
- Good communications skills; the ability to listen and describe the problem and proposed solution.
- Written and spoken communication skills in English.
- General knowledge of the mission and business requirements of the World Bank Group.
- Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Deadline: 11/1/2021 (DD/MM/YY)Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children