Early Childhood Expert
Planète Enfants & Développement (PE&D) is a French Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 1984 to protect children from violence and exploitation and create conditions conducive to their wellbeing and development. PE&D implements projects in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Nepal, Burkina Faso and Togo centered on children, their family and community. PE&D is today recognised for its experience in the field of early childhood as well as maternal and child health, social work, and protection against violence. Present in Vietnam since 1992, PE&D has been implementing for more than 15 years education projects for ethnic minority groups in North Vietnam and then moved to the South in 2011 to work on urban poverty issues especially in HCMC.
Project : “Investing in Early Childhood Development to fight poverty”
Since July 2021, PE&D has been working with the Ho Chi Minh City Association of Children's Rights Protection (HACRP) to implement the project “Support comprehensive Early Childhood Development efforts for families and communities in Ho Chi Minh City”. The general objective is contributing to support (together with the State) children up to 6 years old to develop well physically, intellectually and spiritually ; and to have equal access to comprehensive qualitative care services in order to realize the rights of children and contribute to the development of human resources for the country. This project is implemented in 2 districts: Thu Duc and Tan Phu.
- The person completes the PSEA on sexual exploitation.
- The person assistant ensures compliance at all times with the International Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- The person assistant always acts in the best interests of children and their families.
- The person assistant will have to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the information provided by beneficiaries.
- The person assistant respects closely the method and procedures of the project.
- The person assistant complies with internal regulations of the organization.
Main responsibilitiesThe Early Childhood Expert is the technical focal point of the ECD project. S/he will ensure the capacity building of PE&D and partners in order to ensure the quality of activities related to early childhood.
She will work under the management of the Early Childhood expert based in France and the Project Manager/Country Director in Vietnam.As such, s/he will be responsible to provide Early Childhood technical support in all the activities of the project:
- Training of facilitators: design of training curricula, training of professionals, partners and local actors
- Children clubs for vulnerable children under 6 years old and their parents: review the manual of facilitators, training, observations and coaching of the facilitators to animate the sessions, training of the partner to coach the facilitators, mobilizing external partners to propose extra activities in the social centers
- Parenting sessions: review of the manual of facilitators, training, observations and coaching of the facilitators, organization of monthly parenting sessions online with external experts
- Training of caregivers of independent childcare centers: coaching of the trainers, improve the curriculum of the training
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a model of mother and child protection service (service de protection maternelle et infantile - PMI) in collaboration with local authorities
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a communication campaign on screen and children in collaboration with partners and the headquarter
- Organize workshops on early childhood development in collaboration with partners
- Participate in the design of M&E tools and in the collection of data
- Networking and facilitate PE&D advocacy actions in the field of Early Childhood
- Write technical sheets to disseminate good practices and innovations
- Making available for other any tasks necessary for the project
Requirementsa. Expected competencies
- At least 5 years of experience working in or with daycare centers, maternal and early childhood protection centers or for early childhood development.
- Diploma in Education sciences, Early childhood or psychology
- Knowledge of best practices in care and education of young children
- Curriculum development and facilitation skills
- Experience supervising or teaching adults
- Experience working with local authorities
- Excellent oral and written skills in Vietnamese and English
- Good command of IT tools (Word, Excel, PPT, CANVA, etc.)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Enthusiastic, change-oriented and flexible personality
- Empathy, non-judgement and sympathetic attitude
- Strong organizational skills and liability
- Great adaptability, listening and analysis skills
- Autonomy and proactivity
- High commitment and working capacity
- Appetence for intercultural work
- Full-time position based in Ho-Chi-Minh-City
- Work 3 weekends per months
How to ApplyInterested candidates are invited to submit CV and cover letter in English with the subject line of “Early Childhood Expert - candidate full name” to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Early applications by 30 November 2023 are strongly encouraged. While we appreciate all responses, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự