Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-21
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Economic Specialist - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 04/20/2021 - 05/04/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 1505 10
Salary: USD $24,500
Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
Promotion Potential: LE-10
Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
Hiring Path: • Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FS is FP-5. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Permanent
Appointment Type Details: • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Occasional Travel
Incumbent of this position will be required to travel occasionally.
Incumbent will serve in the Economic Section of the Embassy. His/her work will be comprised of three main functions:
1) S/he will serve as the section’s technical expert on several complex and at times politically sensitive portfolios, including: external economic relations, intellectual property rights, and other economic policy topics assigned. As the technical expert, the incumbent maintains consistent coverage of these issues, particularly during American personnel changes.
2) S/he will be responsible for regular analytical and factual reporting on these portfolios as well as broader economic trends and related government policies and social issues.
3) S/he will also serve as Post’s key interface to the Government of Vietnam on these portfolios. This includes developing and maintaining a wide range of personal and professional contacts, monitoring media and publications, bridging linguistic and cultural gaps to promote the Embassy’s objectives, coordinating trainings and workshops, and managing logistical arrangements for American visitors to Vietnam as well as GVN visits to the United States.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least five years professional experience in economics, political economy, law, technology, government, or business administration is required.
- An in-depth knowledge of local economic conditions and Vietnamese government’s economic policies.
- A thorough understanding of the Vietnamese political system, including the decision making and regulatory process, and the ability to explain and navigate those political intricacies.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Awareness of the cultural differences between western and Vietnamese societies, and the diplomacy to effectively navigate in and bridge gaps between both cultures.
- Awareness of the political sensitivities surrounding certain U.S. economic policy issues is important, as is the ability to effectively convey U.S. positions while maintaining productive relationships with government officials.
- Superior analytical and English language report writing skills.
Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, law, journalism, or business administration is required.
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
- Strong word-processing skills and ability to analyze data using MS Excel.
- Ability to translate and interpret using the specialized vocabulary of the job description.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Other Information: HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
- Other Document
Next Steps: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
More information and apply HERE.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID