Economist/Policy Analyst, Regional Development
Organization: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
City: Paris, France
Office: OECD Paris, France
Application Closing Date: 11-05-2021, 9:59:00 PM
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 37 member countries that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
Research, analysis and drafting
- Carry out research and analysis in member and partner countries on policies and programmes to support regional development with a focus on international connections and their evolution with the crisis.
- Oversee, draft and edit the production of analytical reports (e.g. synthesis reports, national, and regional reviews), merging quantitative and qualitative information, on issues related to regional attractiveness for inclusive, sustainable and resilient development. Ensure their timely and quality delivery.
- Draft and/or edit other documents, including synthesis reports of expert discussions, seminar proceedings, mission reports and consultants’ contributions.
- Stay abreast of developments related to regional development policies, the territorial impact of the crisis and the evolution of the working of globalisation in the academic and professional literature.
- Bring intellectual input and creativity to the broader work of the Unit and the Division.
- Work horizontally across the Division, the CFE and other relevant OECD directorates to ensure a coherent and holistic offer from CFE/RDG on regional attractiveness for sustainable, inclusive and resilient development in the new global environment.
Co-ordination, communication and management
- Monitor the work of interns, external consultants, temporary staff, Junior Policy Analysts and statisticians to fulfil both research and project management tasks.
- Support and participate in the planning and delivery of meetings, workshops, and missions, for projects in which s/he has a role.
- Take part in and provide support to the Regional Development Policy Committee (RDPC), its Working Parties and related conferences and events.
- Contribute to fundraising to support the programme of work of the RDPC, in particular on the topic of regional development in the new global environment.
- Contribute to promoting horizontal and multi-disciplinary projects and outputs as needed, and collaborate with other staff within the CFE and from other OECD Directorates.
- Maintain and develop, in coordination with the Head of Unit, contacts with high-level representatives in ministries and government agencies in countries associated with the Regional Development Committee, as well as intergovernmental organisations, and engage private sector actors and other relevant policy experts and specialists at regional, national and international level.
- Contribute to raising the profile and disseminating the OECD work on regional development in the new global internally, and in member and partner countries, including through innovative pedagogical tools, like infographics, and the use of social media.
- Represent the OECD at national and international meetings related to projects in which s/he has a role organised by member and partner countries and international organisations.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned, in particular as requested by the Head of Division and the Director’s office.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- An advanced university degree in economics, political economy, political science, or a closely related field.
- At least three years of professional experience in policy-oriented empirical research and analysis, acquired ideally in an international policy environment, national administration or research institute.
- Good knowledge of the OECD’s substantive work, particularly on regional development and on international trade.
- Experience in engaging and dealing with governmental institutions and different stakeholders.
- Solid experience in producing policy advice and recommendations, including the drafting, editing, production and dissemination of policy papers, high-level publications, official reports, briefs and speeches.
- Experience in regional development data and policies would be an asset.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft software. Advanced skills with Excel and/or knowledge of statistical software (Stata, R) would be an asset.
- Aptitude for innovation in data identification, production and analysis would be an asset.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French), and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Knowledge of and ability to speak in Spanish and/or Italian would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Analytical thinking, Flexible thinking, Achievement focus, Drafting skills, Teamwork, Diplomatic sensitivity, Strategic networking.
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Twelve months fixed-term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
What the OECD offers
- Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at either 6,197 EUR or 7,647 EUR exempt of French income tax, plus allowances based on eligibility.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
How to Apply
Applicants please click HERE for more information and apply.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy