Job announcement at FOUR PAWS Viet
Position: Education and Communication Officer
FOUR PAWS Viet is a Vietnamese NGO – partner of FOUR PAWS International, an animal welfare organization founded in 1988 with the Headquarter in Vienna, Austria, and has offices in 14 other countries.
BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh – an animal welfare project by FOUR PAWS, is located in Ky Phu commune, Nho Quan district, Ninh Binh province. The sanctuary allows greater governmental enforcement of the existing laws prohibiting the abuse of bears for bile extraction, by providing a place for any confiscated or voluntarily handed over bears to be taken to and cared for appropriately. The 1st construction phase of BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh comprises 3.6 ha and is providing a species-appropriate habitat for up to 44 Asiatic black bears. Four big natural outdoor enclosures, two bear houses, a quarantine area and a veterinary clinic form the frame of BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh. An experienced team, including a veterinarian, currently takes care of 27 former bile bears and 2 bear cubs rescued from the illegal wildlife trade. Within the next few years, the sanctuary will be expanded to 10 ha and will provide a species-appropriate home for around 100 former bile bears.
FOUR PAWS Viet is searching for positive thinking people with great dedication and passion to animal welfare as soon as possible:
Position: Education and Communication Officer (m/f)
Fulltime / BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh, close to Cuc Phuong National Park, Vietnam
- Supporting and implementing educational concepts with focus on wild animal protection, environment and nature conservation, demand reduction and animal welfare.
- Supporting communication for media coverage.
- Supporting the coordination of Volunteer Program.
- Implementing and improving existing FOUR PAWS’s education programs for adults such as: Youth Engagement Program
- Coordinate workshop/training activities.
- Deliver the training programs
- Manage the FOUR PAWS Viet Education Board game production
- Maintain a database on partners and participants
- Maintain networking with students
- Make necessary adjustment or improvement to the programs when needed.
- Implementing and enriching the education tour concept and programs focusing on tourists, businesses and adult groups for Bear Sanctuary Ninh Binh.
- Enriching educational tour concept and programs for BEAR SANCTUARY Ninh Binh
- Deliver custom made education tours for businesses and adult groups (appointed by manager)
- Developing education programs on wildlife product demand reduction.
- Research, study and develop education programs on demand reduction
- Support in proposal writing for fund raising purpose
- Deliver pilot programs if required
- Supporting communication for media coverage.
- Draft and send out communication materials to journalists
- Support media agencies on site at Bear Sanctuary Ninh Binh (appointed by manager)
- Support organizing communications and networking events hosted by Four Paws Viet
- Supporting volunteer activities.
- Contact point for FPV volunteers (appointed by manager)
- Supporting the coordination of the functional units in training and managing volunteers.
- Supporting the coordination of volunteers’ extra activities (travel to Ninh Binh’s attractions and locations are required)
Additional / individual duties (optional):
- Translate documents from English into Vietnamese and vice versa when required.
- Supporting foreign staff members and partners on site when needed.
- Deliver Conservation Awareness Enhancing Program (CAP) when needed.
- Deliver educational tour when possible/needed.
- Purchasing for Education and Volunteer Programs.
- Supporting BSNB and AWAS exhibitions productions when required.
- Holding relevant bachelor or master’s degree in environment, biology or education.
- Knowledge on Vietnamese wildlife, conservation issues and constant research on relevant topics is a must.
- Experienced in designing, developing and implementing education programs.
- Like working with people.
- Very good presentation skill.
- Very good written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Computer literacy (MS Office requested).
- Experience in animal welfare work is an advantage.
- High level of responsibility and personal drive.
- Willingness to travel.
- Dedication and passion for animal welfare and FOUR PAWS values and issues.
What FOUR PAWS offer
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment in a motivated team.
- A perspective of a long-term employment.
- A close partnership with an international organization.
Are you looking for such an opportunity?
Please send your comprehensive application including your salary requirement and your possible date of entry in English via email to: Mr. Dinh Van Loc Admin and HR manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission: June 30th, 2020
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/07/2020united nations department of operational support (dos)
National Individual Consultancy: Landscape Analysis for Prevention of Overweight Obesity amongst ChildrenUNICEF
13/07/2020World Bank Group
Climate and Sustainable Program Manager, Graphic (Multimedia) Designer, Designer Assistant Intern, Marcom Assistant InternCHANGE
17/07/2020Plan International Vietnam
18/07/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)
06/07/2020Department of Global Communications
01/08/2020International Potato Center (CIP)
10/07/2020Conciliation Resources (CR)
26/07/2020Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Business Transformation and Accountability Division
05/08/2020Department of Safety and Security