Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. With a 22 year history working in Vietnam, SPIR has developed strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 5 sectors health, education, protection, livelihood and relief.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Education Project Manager
Grade: Senior Program
Position Duration: 01 year with the possibility of extension
Duty Station: Hanoi with frequent travel to project locations
Reports To: Senior Programs Manager
The Education Project Manager oversees all of Samaritan’s Purse International Relief’s (SPIR) education projects and staff in Vietnam. He or she is responsible for implementing the project(s) within the defined scope, budget, and schedule. The Education Project Manager manages the entire project lifecycle from initiation, planning, implementation, monitoring/evaluation, and conclusion. In addition, the Education Project Manager serves as a technical expert in areas of education programming.
Currently the projects take place in schools and social work centres in Hanoi and surrounding areas yet may shift to other areas. Current projects support visually impaired students, ethnic minority students, and vulnerable children through schools and social work centres in Hanoi and surrounding areas. Programming activities focus on mentorship, support workshops, trainings, events, and monitoring activities implemented by partners. Future programs may include caregiver capacity building and internship/job placement activities. He/She is expected to support and maintain government relationships and to manage SPIR education staff including delegating responsibilities and
tasks to carry out education project(s) for SPIR in Vietnam.
- Project Management: Responsible for management of the education projects and implementing them within the required scope, budget, and schedule.
- Project Identification, Design & Planning:
- Identification: Conduct needs assessments, researches, and studies to understand needs in the target population.
- Design: Develop program models, proposals, budgets, and supporting data for budget cycles.
- Planning: Create project implementation plan with appropriate staffing, trainers, materials, and in partnership with local government and schools.
- Project Implementation:
- Execution: coordinate, prepare, and carry out activities at project locations.
- Logistics: Ensure coordination for activities is completed including transportation, accommodations, meals, and supplies for project activities.
- Procurement: Utilize established office procedures to ensure the project has the necessary products or services to complete their work.
- Administration: Prepare and/or review documents needed for government partnerships, official documents, and documents to track project activities, surveys, contracts, forms, and any other documents.
- Schedule: Mange timely completion of the project activities in coordination with partners.
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Evaluation: Conduct after action review, SWOT, and other required documentation.
- Reporting: Complete monthly and annual reporting for education projects, including activity monitoring data and results.
- Ensure pre and post-tests are completed to monitor effectiveness of trainings and how beneficiaries are applying learned knowledge to promote behavior change.
- Ensure activities conducted by SPIR and partners meet the defined scope.
- Collect, compile and review data from surveys, questionnaires, and activities to create summary of information for input into reports including data software and monthly reports. Train education staff for data related tasks.
- Communications: Collect stories, photos, and videos from beneficiaries and partners for reports.
- Staff Management:
- Organize, manage, and lead education staff.
- Delegate project implementation responsibilities to assigned education staff.
- Support staff to develop in their professional role, increase in their capacity, and in their personal development plan.
- Able to positively lead the spirit of team.
- Stakeholder, Partner, and Government Relations:
- Foster strong relationships with partnering authorities at the provincial and district levels.
- Ensure proper communication with team members and partners.
- Training and Technical Content:
- Prepare and conduct education trainings with development of supporting materials.
- Build up capacity of SPIR Education staff to prepare and conduct trainings.
- Review partner’s trainings for accuracy and applicability of materials to community needs.
- Financial Management:
- Plan, budget, manage, and control costs to ensure project completion within the approved budget.
- Complete all financial reporting.
- Review and approve to all financial transactions within the project’s budget. Ensure accuracy of financial transactions.
- Review and authorize cash advances, expense reports, purchase requests, quote analysis, and any other financial documents.
- Review partner financial reporting for accuracy and compliance with financial requirements. Delegate checking of partner financial reports for accuracy, approved spending, and in alignment with intended spending.
- Risk Management:
- Conduct risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling throughout the project cycle.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Teaching, Social Work or related degree
- At least 05 year experience working with ethnic minorities and/or vulnerable students in Vietnam in Project Management
- At least 02 years’ experience in leading workshops/trainings and capacity building training.
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Experience with capacity building training.
- Translation/Interpretation for government meetings, official documents, and to support international field staff.
- Formal project management certification or training preferred.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese-written and spoken.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Professional maturity: ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goals.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
- Coaching/Mentorship skills
- Networking skills
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter and SPIR Application form (as attached) to email@example.com referencing “Education Project Manager Opportunity” in the subject title.
Application Deadline: 17:00 pm, October 15th , 2020.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi