STRENGTHENING THE AWARENESS AND PRACTICE OF INTERNATIONAL
LABOR RIGHTS IN VIETNAM (SAP-ILR)
TERMS OF REFERENCE END OF PROJECT EVALUATIONKenan Foundation Asia (Kenan) is seeking a consultant team to perform the final project evaluation of the SAP-ILR project that fulfils the overall and specific objectives stated below. 1. BACKGROUND 1.1 Project Summary Kenan has been implementing the SAP-ILR project since August 2017. The project addresses gaps in the practice of the Vietnam labor code and international labor standards (ILS) in Vietnam. Working with selected enterprises and in partnership with key stakeholders in Bac Ninh province, the project has raised awareness of ILS, building capacity of a broad group of stakeholders, including workers, trade unions, enterprise executives, business associations, and the government to improve working conditions for the enterprises’ workers. The project has collected data on monitoring labor practices in the workplace, and used the data for constructive dialogues and negotiation meetings to facilitate interaction between employers and employees. The project results achieved include agreements on improvements to workers’ rights that have been reached between enterprise management and worker representatives. 1.2 Project Goal Key actors contribute to improved working conditions in Vietnam’s manufacturing sector through strengthening the awareness and practice of local and international labor standards. 1.3 Project Objectives Objective 1: Increased Awareness. Key actors (CSOs, trade union members, worker representatives) promote increased awareness of local and international labor standards with workers and management in Bac Ninh industrial zone. Objective 2: Sustainable Monitoring. Key actors manage a sustainable monitoring mechanism to collect and report information on the practice of local and international labor standards. Objective 3: Constructive Dialogue. Practice of local and international labor standards is strengthened through constructive dialogue channels conducted between civil society and workers, enterprises, and government. 2. THE OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY 2.1 Overall Objective To conduct a final evaluation of the SAP-ILR project to evaluate the achieved results against project targets and to provide project lessons learned, stories of changes, and recommendations for scaling up. 2.2 Specific Objectives - Provide an overview of the context in raising awareness of international labor standards among workers and enterprise management in the project setting. - Assess (positive and negative, expected and unexpected) achievements of the project against project goal, objectives, outcomes and indicators. Specifically:
- The effectiveness of project activities for raising and addressing working conditions at factories in Bac Ninh industrial zones.
- The challenges and project solutions to improve compliance with ILS and foster constructive resolution of disputes between workers and employers.
- What is the process and what are key success factors in building trust with relevant authorities, private sector and employees to implement the project?
- How are different stakeholders approached, how are they engaged and what roles have they individually and collectively served that have contributed to the project’s awareness raising activities and meetings with enterprise management?
- How have online and offline awareness raising activities collectively contributed to improving understanding of labor standards among workers reached through the project? What channels are suitable for what types of messaging?
- To what extent was the project approach relevant in addressing specific gaps in the practice of ILS?
- To what extent did the achieved results (project goal, outputs and outcomes) remain relevant to the needs of addressing specific gaps in the practice of ILS?
- To what extent has the project’s objectives (outputs/outcomes) been achieved? What factors supported or impeded the achievement of the project objectives?
- To what extent have project activities been delivered through addressing specific gaps in the practice of ILS? How effective were the project activities in achieving project objectives?
- Were activities delivered on time and within budget?
- Could the same or better results have been achieved with the same or fewer inputs by doing things differently?
- What methodologies used in implementation were most efficient and effective?
- Do workers and enterprise management staff participating in the project express an increased understanding about international labor standards and increased confidence in how they can take action to address working conditions in the factory?
- Were there any unintended results of this project?
- How will the project outcomes be sustained without continuing external financial or technical support?
- Have the capacities of the project’s stakeholders been enhanced sufficiently to address specific gaps in the practice of ILS without further support from Kenan?
- What lessons were learned through project implementation?
- What are stories of changes from the project stakeholders?
- What are the consultant team’s recommendations for future programming?
- Assess the potential for scaling up the project or the innovations of the project.
- Is this model replicable for other industrial zones in Vietnam? What aspects may need to be adjusted?
- Summary of desk review and plan for field visits
- Research objectives and questions
- Methods and justification of the proposed methodology
- Proposed list of interviews and focus group discussions
- Key implementation challenges and risks including ethical considerations
- Additional program design considerations
- Implementation work plan and timetable
- Short introduction/ description of the Project
- Evaluation methodology
- Presentation of the evaluation team
- Limitation(s) of the evaluation
- Successes of the project
- Areas for improvement
- Terms of reference for the evaluation
- Detailed evaluation method including options taken, difficulties encountered and limitations
- List of stakeholders (persons/ organizations) consulted and interviewed
- Literature and documentation reviewed
- International consultant based in Vietnam or region as lead evaluator with a Vietnamese national consultant as co-evaluator.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting related formative research in Vietnam or the region with similar parameters of interest.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Vietnam labor code and international labor standards, Vietnamese government system, operations at industrial zones.
- Strong communication/facilitation skills and excellent English language.
- Kenan has a fixed budget of 250,000,000 VND for the evaluation. Payments are subjected to applicable taxes according to the national tax law.
- The work will take place from 2nd January 2020 until 14th February 2020, with the final reportdue by 10th March 2020.
- 30% within 15 working days after the signature of contract.
- 30% within 15 working days after submission of draft report.
- 40% within 15 working days after the acceptance of the final report.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF