- Organisation Name: AMPERES
- Location: Ho Chi Minh
- Title/Role: Energy Transition Coordinator
- Conditions of contract: Full time, Vietnamese national
- Reporting to: Energy Transition Program Manager and Senior Manager
- Application Deadline: 20/11/2023
About AMPERESAMPERES is a mission-driven enterprise committed to finding integrated solutions for the entrenched sustainability challenges facing Southeast Asia, Australia and the Pacific. We have offices in Ho Chi Minh City (Viet Nam) and Perth (Australia). We use evidence-bases, deliberative processes and innovative technology to improve how society interacts with the environment.
- We support governments to improve the sustainability of policy and planning processes through implementation of climate risk & adaptation assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEAs), integrated environmental assessments, river basin plans, water, energy and economic modelling and techno-economic studies.
- We empower communities to improve livelihoods through affordable and reliable access to distributed energy & water resources using business models that are viable and centre benefits at the community level.
- We work with companies & industry to decarbonise their business, promote energy independence and reduce operating costs through net zero planning, energy efficiency measures, the development of distributed renewable energy systems and access to carbon markets.
- We collaborate with researchers & universities to prototype, test & scale innovative energy and water technology towards successful commercialization in developing markets of Southeast Asia.
The RoleAMPERES is implementing multiple programs in climate change, water and energy that cover water scarcity management, impacts of hydropower development, climate resilient flood management, renewable energy transition, distributed renewable microgrids, community energy and water/energy policy reform. These programs span the Asia-Pacific region with particular emphasis on the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS)*. Central to our work in the GMS is support to the governments to understand and plan for a just energy transition that decarbonises the electricity sector in GMS countries. We are looking for a Vietnamese Energy Transition Coordinator who will be based at our Ho Chi Minh office and play an instrumental role in the development and coordination our energy programs activities. We value equality and diversity in all of our projects and also within our organisation. We welcome applications from all segments of society.
ResponsibilitiesThe Energy Transition Coordinator will support delivery of our Mekong energy transition projects in Southeast Asia with a particular emphasis on Vietnam. The main responsibilities are divided into three main workstreams: Research and analysis The Energy Transition Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing, drafting and disseminating multiple research papers on behalf of AMPERES, the main responsibilities include:
- Design of research programs
- Synthesising literature reviews and background research into concise documents.
- Conduct interviews with experts and surveys with stakeholders.
- Drafting of technical reports and scientific publications
- Responding to reviewer comments.
- Development of presentations and communications materials that convert research findings into targeted stakeholder messages.
- Drafting or press releases and newspaper articles publicising the findings of our relating programs.
- Contributing substantial information and analyses on the energy sector.
- Identifying and mapping key stakeholders in the energy sector for program development and implementation
- Coordinate inputs and workplans for multi-disciplinary teams
- Support project manager in monitoring project implementation and reporting to AMPERES Executive and clients.
- Organisation of meetings, workshops and conferences.
- An enthusiastic energy professional who has a science, engineering or economics degree in a field related to energy (Bachelor or higher).
- An inquisitive problem-solver ethically committed to sustainability and decarbonisation of Southeast Asian economies.
- An interest to communicate scientific analysis to non-specialist audiences
- A proven track record in academic research.
- Strong writing ability, and report writing skills in both English and Vietnamese.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional work experience or an advanced degree (MSc/PhD).
- Some experience or working knowledge of energy issues in the GMS.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, juggling multiple competing tasks and prioritizing demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work professionally with researchers, as well as government stakeholders.
- Team player and capacity for flexibility as tasks and priorities shift.
- Ability to self-start and troubleshoot; demonstrated ability to excel in a multicultural environment.
- Approaches work with a professional, positive and constructive attitude, even when under pressure and willing to use logic to challenge prevailing attitudes.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Vietnamese citizen living in Ho Chi Minh City or willing to move there.
- Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in a field related to energy.
How to applyEligible candidates should submit:
- cover letter, outlining: (a) why you are interested in the position, (b) what are the main skills you bring to AMPERES and (c) highlighting work you have done that meets the requirements.
- your professional CV emphasising your project experience.
- example piece of writing (paper, report or similar) where you were the lead author or made a significant contribution (please identify the specific contribution you made in your cover letter).
Please note that while we greatly appreciate the effort from all candidates in submitting an application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer