- Organization: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
- Grade: Consultant - Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- Public Health and Health Service
- Biology and Chemistry
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Medical Practitioners
- Closing Date: 2021-09-27
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
- In coordination with FAO staff and consultants, review the background and justification information collated by both staff and project partners to support project delivery; i.e., analyze and validate the parameters and criteria to be used for the selection of the project areas for capacity building.
- Provide technical/expert insights in meetings of the project task force with participating countries and the technical support group in headquarters;
- Identify non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and private companies, which could be considered for subcontracting the implementation of certain project components or activities;
- Appraise the workplans of AMR Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF) supported countries for in-country capacity building interventions on the basis of the requirements and overall background available;
- Organize and participate in external capacity building activities (including field missions) in support of the delivery of the project, namely consultation, training, capacity building and technical assistance in at least 5 AMR MPTF-supported countries.
- Prepare and organize consultations and technical meetings.
- Establish and manage relations with relevant institutions, networks and platforms that could help FAO and project partners leverage their messages and advance global dialogue environmental AMR, helping the Organization to promote a One Health approach to mitigating AMR.
- Liaise closely with project partners (OIE/WHO/UNEP), namely UNEP in the planning and implementation of capacity building activities relevant to the project.
- Identify recent developments to mitigate AMR risk in the environment and identify activities and interventions to be included in the FAO Progressive Management Pathway to better mitigate AMR in the environment.
- Perform any other duties when required.
- University degree in land and water management, environment, microbiology and health disciplines, natural resources management, agriculture, or other related fields;
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience in environmental sciences, preparation of training material and organization and implementation of capacity development activities at the national and field levels; experience with AMR is an added Advantage;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for Personal Services Agreement (PSA) Subscribers.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one area of work including proven ability to implement studies in a multidisciplinary team;
- Proven ability to integrate in multidisciplinary teams while working autonomously;
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing capacity building activities national consultations, conferences, workshops and training courses
- Very good capacity and relevant experience and knowledge in collecting, managing and analyzing technical information and data, as well as in sustainable development in the agricultural sector;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Good knowledge of the major challenges relating to water quality, waste management and reuse, AMR and food systems;
- Good knowledge of national and international institutions working in the field of AMR, environment, water management, food safety, poverty reduction, agricultural and food systems;
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly integrate technical information.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross