USAID Reducing Pollution Activity
ENVIRONMENTAL TRANSPARENCY COORDINATOR (based in Ha Noi, Vietnam)
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
The mission of IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative is to catalyze systemic change through collaborative action and to achieve market transformation for impact at scale. IDH convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Together we drive the joint design, co-funding and prototyping of new economically viable approaches to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is supported by multiple European governments (Dutch, Swiss, Danish and Norwegian) and we work together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 11 sectors (apparel, cotton, tea, coffee, spices, aquaculture…) and 11 landscapes in over 50 countries worldwide. IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 140 staff members and permanent consultants at the Headquarter in Utrecht, the Netherlands and many overseas offices and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.
Starting operation in Vietnam in 2010, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and civil society organizations working on apparel and footwear, coffee, tea, cocoa, spices/pepper, and aquaculture sectors. Recently, promoting and enabling embedded sustainable manufacturing practices (IDH manufacturing program) has been newly identified as one of IDH focus sectors in Vietnam from now up to 2030. Through manufacturing program, IDH would like to deliver the impacts on: reduced use of natural resources and energy, reduction in plastic & textile waste, greater transparency & traceability in production, increased gender equality and participation, reduced carbon footprints, increased circular production and manufacturing models, and increased living incomes of manufacturing workers.
USAID Reducing Pollution Activity
In support of Vietnam’s efforts to address environmental pollution challenges, the five-year USAID Reducing Pollution Activity fosters locally-driven initiatives and facilitates capacity for local actors/networks to address environmental pollution challenges using a collective impact approach. Collective impact addresses complex challenges by mobilizing diverse actors to collaborate, identify ways to solve a shared problem, and take action based on their roles and comparative advantages. The Activity demonstrates clear connections between environmental benefits and other social benefits, including public health, employment, and sustainable economic growth. Winrock International is granted by USAID to manage the implementation of the Activity, and IDH is a key implementing partner in Vietnam,
Through this Activity, USAID expects to attain the following results:
- Strengthened networks of local organizations, government, private sector, and academic institutions working together to prevent, mitigate, and/or reduce environmental pollution; and
- Increased capacity of stakeholders to generate, share, and use pollution data to support policy/implementation solutions for locally-determined environmental pollution challenges.
2. THE POSITION
The Environmental Transparency Coordinator will play a crucial role in promoting environmental information transparency and managing the Transparent Environment Disclosure Platform together with counterpart at the Vietnam Environmental Administration. She/he will work closely with the Collective Impact Director of the Reduce Pollution Activity and the Manufacturing Manager of IDH in Vietnam to coordinate and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders, including the public and private sectors, civil society, and technical experts in the Vietnam to implement the project activities, and coordinate efforts around the Transparent Environment Disclosure Platform in Viet Nam. The platform will help share data of emissions to air and emissions to water from industry in real-time, in order to allow for effective monitoring and mitigation of excessive pollution.
The position will be partly in the USAID Reduce Pollution Activity office and partly in the IDH Vietnam Country office, both in Hanoi, both in Hanoi city. She/he will report to the Textiles and Manufacturing Manager of IDH in Vietnam and the Collective Impact Director of the USAID’s Reduce Pollution Activity.
The Environmental Transparency Coordinator is responsible for database management and the operational and maintenance of the Transparent Environment Disclosure Platform (TEDP) to ensure that the TEDP is well operated to facilitate the improved transparency and environmental pollution monitoring and reporting system in Vietnam. He/she will be responsible to coordinate with local partners and stakeholders to ensures that work plans and agreed targets are met timely while complying with cost limits.
- Conduct scoping exercise for Transparent Environmental Data Platform
- Support the establishment of pollution data management systems in partnership with and buy-in from the government, backbone organizations, and private sector;
- Responsible as an administrator of the Transparent Environmental Disclosure Platform (TEDP)
- Responsible for promoting transparent environmental information sharing and disclosing publicity
- Ensure the data disclosure continuously and keep maintaining the operation of TEDP.
- Provide technical supports for all Data providers (Industrial parks and big corporates) and all users.
- Analysis of complex issues, analysis and consultation on data inconsistencies and data quality, development of requirements for operations, monitoring, reporting.
- Analysis and consultations on optimization of processes, reporting, data inconsistencies, requirements for IT to support business needs, customer and business needs focus.
- Consultation and analysis on missing data reports, data provision reports, data consistency, data quality check.
- Monthly reporting on the environmental data to VEA, Winrock and IDH on the operational of the Platform
Candidates will be selected on the basis of key criteria:
- Bachelor on Information Management, Environmental Technology, Natural Resources Management, or relevant fields
- Minimum of 10 years’ working experience in similar positions
- Strong knowledge of database development, administration of website and apps
- Strong communication and presentation skills, negotiation skills with ability to interact with people at various levels of the organization and outside environment,
- Ability to work autonomously, work with a team and solve problems quickly
- Fluent English and Vietnamese is a must
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with very high possibility to extend. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team and as an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, to Ms. Iris van Oort, HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to Vietnam@idhtrade.org before October 3st, 2021 mentioning “Application for Environmental Transparency Coordinator” in the subject line.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative Arthur van Schendelstraat 500, 3511 MH Utrecht P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands www.idhsustainabletrade.com
IDH Vietnam Office Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Organisation Name: IDH
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-10-31
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)