Location: Home based with expected mission travel to Baku, AZERBAIJAN
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Time left: 3d 18h 56m
Additional Category: Democratic Governance and Peacebuilding
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: International Consultant
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 16-Mar-2020
Duration of Initial Contract: 20 working days
To enhance the engagement of the civil society in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Azerbaijan, in December 2017 the European Union (EU) awarded a contract to United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for the project “Promoting the role of civil society in gender-sensitive SDGs implementation”. The project aims to support the progress towards gender equality and social, economic and political empowerment of women by enabling full-fledged participation of civil society in implementing the SDG agenda and building partnerships between the civil society and the government for the achievement of the gender-related targets. The project’s target groups are the local CSOs that directly benefit from the capacity building and partnership development components of the project.
The overall objective of the project is to promote active and effective participation of the civil society organizations in the gender-sensitive formulation and implementation of the national agenda for the achievement of the SDGs. The project’s specific objectives are: i) to promote confidence building and dialogue between the civil society and the government around the SDGs issues; ii) to improve understanding and knowledge of CSOs, to apply gender-responsive approach to SDG implementation; iii) to increase participation of the? CSOs in the implementation of gender sensitive SDG initiatives.
The project is built around three components:
A platform is established for dialogue and networking between the CSOs and the government on implementing the SDG agenda, including through gender lens.
CSOs have increased their understanding of the SDG framework and raised their capacities to apply gender-responsive approaches to the SDG implementation.
A grant programme to support CSO-led gender-sensitive SDG initiatives is designed and implemented.
The project will institutionalize cooperation amongst the CSOs, central government, local executive authorities, and other relevant state bodies, through continuous dialogue on SDG policies, joint formulation and implementation of an engagement action plan for participation of CSOs in the SDG nationalization process.
SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
The overall goal of the project’s final evaluation is to assess the processes and achievements made to draw lessons that will inform the development of long-term change actions. The evaluation is intended to be forward looking which will capture effectively lessons learned and provide information on the nature, extent and where possible, the effect of project activities. The emphasis on learning lessons speaks to the issue of understanding what has and what has not worked as a guide for future planning.
EVALUATION SCOPE AND FOCUS
The evaluation will look into the following areas: project management; project activities; reflection of grant support to the civil society organizations in view of their capacities and future engagement in UNDP development actions, government-civil society partnership and other relevant issues addressed through the project. It will address the results achieved, the partnerships established, as well as issues of capacity and approach.
The evaluation will provide quantitative and qualitative data through the following methods:
- Desk study and review of all relevant project documentation including project documents, annual work-plans, project progress reports, annual project reports, reports of the project board;
- In depth interviews to gather primary data from key stakeholders using a structured methodology;
- Focus Group discussion with project beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Interviews with relevant key informants;
- Observations (field visits using checklist);
The expert will be able to propose a methodology using various types of working methods. The proposed methodology will be agreed upon with the project management team based upon a well-structured rationale.
The evaluation is expected to start in mid-March 2020 for an estimated duration of 20 working days. This will include desk reviews, field work – interviews, and report writing.
- Detailed provision of monitoring and progress controls, including reporting requirements, frequency, format and deadlines;
Evaluation Consultant will work in close collaboration with the Project Team and will get any assistance required to implement the functions under the contract.
Evaluation Consultant will ensure the detailed monitoring and progress controls, including reporting requirements, frequency, format and deadlines.
PAYMENT MODALITIES AND SPECIFICATIONS
Payment will be done in three installments and based on completion of deliverables:
Criteria for Evaluation of Proposal: Only those applications which are responsive and compliant will be evaluated. Offers will be evaluated according to the Combined Scoring method – where the educational background and experience on similar assignments will be weighted at 70% and the price proposal will weigh as 30% of the total scoring. The applicant receiving the Highest Combined Score that has also accepted UNDP’s General Terms and Conditions will be awarded the contract.
- Financial proposal should be done as a lump sum in consideration of supposed travels (including accommodation, ticket and DSA).
- The breakdown is necessary.
- Daily allowance for Baku/Azerbaijan is 141 USD, regions 96 USD
- Total working days should be no more than 20 days.
- Total no of days in the country/field (evaluation mission in Azerbaijan): 5 days
- Only economy class is applied to international consultant travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
1. Cover Letter
(i) Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work;
(ii) Providing a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work;
2. Offeror’s letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) Assignment, including the Breakdown of Costs Supporting the Final All-Inclusive Price as per Template;
3. CV or duly filled out and signed P11 form with names and contacts of at least 2 referees.
The applicants may download the above forms from the following link: https://www.az.undp.org/content/azerbaijan/en/home/procurement.html
As the system accepts only one attachment, the applicants are required upload all the 3 documents above to the system as a one pdf file attachment.
If any of the above-mentioned documents is missing UNDP holds the right to reject the respective proposal altogether.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact email@example.com.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam