SNV is a global development partner, working on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance, with a focus on the Agri-Food, Energy, and Water sectors.SNV leverages our impact by applying the evidence from programmes, partnerships, and joint learnings towards a reinforced emphasis on influencing the policies and practices of other actors - locally, nationally, and globally. Optimising our influence necessitates a deeper capacity for strategic communications and a more determined focus on gathering, understanding, and more widely sharing knowledge, evidence and research. The objective of this assignment is to support efficient delivery of SNV’s priority 2023 global events, to maximise communications and influencing impact. Activities
UNFCCC Climate ConferenceThe 28th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 28) to the UNFCCC will take place in Dubai, from 30 November to 12 December 2023. This event is the UN’s annual climate change focused event. SNV regularly participates in this conference as many of our sector programmes have a positive climate impact. During the event, there are a number of event pavilions which have a thematic focus which are generally climate related.
The UN Food Systems Summit has called for unprecedented attention to food systems by ensuring that COP27 has a dedicated focus on it. With SNV new strategic focus on food systems the decision was taken by the MB to support the Food Systems Pavilion (FSP).Together with Clim-Eat, a Think-Tank on Food, SNV plans a number of engagements at COP28 including co-hosting sessions for one day co-sponsorship with International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) at the FSP and events at other pavilions.
As part of our engagement in COP28, SNV needs support from an Event Management Consultant (EMC) on:
- Pavilion events: SNV will be involved in shaping a 5 hour block of sessions on livestock, climate and food systems in the FSP. Inputs will be required, depending on successes in the applications process, on other pavilion events.
- Operational: decisions on pavilion partnerships, expenditures, programme, and structure.
Other conference event supportThe Event Management Consultant (EMC) may be required to support other SNV priority global events for example the Micro-Nutrient Forum.
of the Event Management Consultant (EMC)As the EMC your role will be to ensure the smooth planning and running of SNV’s presence and activities at the FSP`in COP28 and other pavilions/events and the overall project management of our activities in the lead-up to, during and following the event. This will involve liaising with internal and external stakeholders including our co-hosts and partners.
As an EMC for SNV you will play a pivotal role in orchestrating and executing transformative events that align with the organization's vision and mission. You will be responsible for the end-to-end planning, coordination, and delivery of events, ensuring they resonate with stakeholders, drive positive change, and foster valuable partnerships. From conceptualizing event objectives to engaging with influential speakers and partners, the EMC carefully designs programs that inspire, inform, and promote collaborative action. By efficiently managing resources and logistics, you guarantee seamless event experiences for attendees and stakeholders alike. Additionally, the EMC will reflect on the impact of each event, using insights to continually enhance future engagements and reinforce the organization's position as a catalyst for global development and positive transformation.Scope of work
- Event Planning. Develop the event plan outlining objectives, creating timelines positioning, content requirements and liaise closely with marketing communications colleagues to ensure a coherent and integrated marcom approach
- Program Development. Designing event programs that include keynotes, workshops, panels, and networking opportunities.
- Speakers and Partners Engagement. Working with SNV leads to organize involvement of speakers, experts, and partners who will contribute to the event's objectives.
- Liaise with the other organisers and partners and ensure that deadlines for submission of content are met. Engage with the relevant SNV technical advisors to secure input and content as required including event Run of Show.
- Connect with SNV’s marketing, communication, and public affairs team for alignment, reporting on progress, incorporation of brand guidelines and leveraging of PR/media outreach and increase events visibility and SNV brand across relevant channels.
- Registration and Attendee Management: Overseeing event registration processes and managing attendee lists, ensuring attendee briefing and smooth on-site registration.
- Event Execution: Supervising the smooth execution of the event, handling any last-minute issues, and ensuring everything runs according to plan.
- Crisis Management: Preparing contingency plans to handle unexpected situations during the event. Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems during the event.
- Post-Event Follow-Up: Sending thank-you notes, follow-up emails, and reports to attendees, speakers, and partners.
- A relevant master or bachelor’s degree in sciences, policy or business.
- Experience in coordinating and managing events, public sector or NGO is preferred.
- A solution and results oriented approach.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- An analytical thinker able to produce high quality work products in an easy to-understand manner.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative and decentralised environment, and operate under tight deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Sound, practical [digital] marketing communications experience including social media.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Previous work experience related to the climate, food, energy and international development sector is an advantage.
- Technical experience and suitability for the scope of work
- Interview presentation
- Fee rate
- Contract Type: Consultancy
- Contract duration: from 1 September 2023 until 31 December 2023.
Interested consultants should submit their cover letter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages) via the link "I'm Interested" . The deadline for applications is 18 August 2023. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to provide professional references.
Please note the post holder may be required to be in Dubai for part of COP28 and for various meetings in advance of the conference. If this is the case SNV will provide official access badge and meet and travel and accommodation costs.
The review and scoring are closed processes and are not open to the public. The data received shall be validated by SNV through remote and/or physical checks and processed following SNV’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) framework (which complies with the European Union’s GDPR 2018), the hardcopy and electronic data you provide will be kept secure and will only be processed by SNV for procurement and project execution purposes. The data will be kept for 7 years, after which they will be destroyed by SNV. By submitting your signed self-declaration and participating in the SNV process, you agree with this data use, storage, and processing of the data provided.
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023US Embassy Hanoi