Event Manager, Paris, France
- Organization: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Country: France
- City: Paris
- Office: OECD Paris, France
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development ( OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives.
- Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world.
- Manage the organisation and logistics of DAF high-profile events, both online and in person.
- Master the technical aspects of multi-stakeholder and multi-platform events that employ new technologies and innovations.
- Work closely with Committee Secretariats and event coordinators to prepare meetings and implement appropriate technical solutions. Advise meeting organisers on new technologies for more interactive and attractive events (digital platforms, advanced web conferencing features, webinars, live streaming, broadcasting...) and provide appropriate training to users.
- Work with teams internally and externally to respect partnership and sponsorship commitments.
- Plan and coordinate work carried out by internal and external suppliers (technical, catering, interpretation...) across digital and hybrid events .
- Implement effective project management systems to ensure the timely delivery of expected outputs.
- Manage the different digital platforms and multimedia systems (remote conferencing systems, webcasting, social media networks, interactive tools, networking apps).
- Manage all teams (technical, logistical, assistants) to ensure that required tasks are executed in a timely and efficient way, conducting training sessions as required.
- Draft and monitor budgets including expense control mechanisms, contract negotiation and sponsorship packages.
- Maintain good relations and ensure a good communications flow between meeting organisers, users, other technical departments and suppliers.Develop clear objectives and KPIs and set up reporting and feedback mechanisms that contribute to the development of best practices and continuous improvements.
- Participate in cross-OECD activities such as developing technical specifications, calls for tender, purchase procedures, in line with EXD procurement policy guidelines.
- Co-ordinate event web pages, public announcements, press releases, social media, signage and visual signature requirements in co-operation with the DAF communications team, EXD and PAC.
- A university degree in public relations, communications, journalism or a related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in the operational management of conference systems and event coordination.
- Experience in interacting with high-level government, business and civil society representatives.
- Proven track record of successful organisation and delivery of high scale events.
- Demonstrated ability to work well against strict deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and the ability to quickly learn relevant and new software tools used in the Organisation.
- Good knowledge of audio and video conferencing systems and digital event platforms such as WebEx, Skype, Zoom, Teams, InWink.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to foster good relationships with all stakeholders (e.g. other directorates, delegations, external suppliers and other operational services).
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Drafting skills, Flexible thinking, Teamwork and Team Leadership, Client focus, Strategic thinking.
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-years fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Monthly base salary starting from 4 850 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
Click HERE for more information and application details
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization