The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Required competencies: Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- Application deadline: 3 February 2022
- Grade: Internship
- Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
- Working hours per week: 35 hrs/week net
- Duration of Post: 3 months
- Region: Asia Pacific
- Country/Territory: Vietnam
- Location (City): Ho Chi Minh City
- Type of Post: British Embassy
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Salary: VND9,000,000 per month
- Start Date: 21 February 2022
II. Main purpose of job:
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and proactive individual to join our Communications and Events Team at the British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City. The Communications Team works with teams across the UK’s network in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City) to communicate the UK’s activities and advocacy to audiences in Vietnam to positively influence perceptions of the UK.
This is a hugely exciting time to join the UK in Vietnam Network with our bilateral relationship going from strength to strength. We have welcomed a number of UK Ministers to Vietnam over the last twelve months, and a substantial Vietnamese delegation travelled to the COP26 Summit in Glasgow in November. In this role you’ll help to progress many high-profile campaigns that span the breadth of our bilateral partnership.
The successful candidate will need to work closely with the Communications team to support the implementation of communication strategies internally and externally in order to effectively promote the work of the UK in Vietnam. This role will have a particular focus on our LGBTQI+, diversity campaigns in VietNam, which is one of the key priorities for the UK globally with the UK hosting the first global LGBT Conference ‘Safe to be me’ in June 2022. The role will also include scope to lead on other Consulate campaigns, including promoting gender equality and calling for more women in business, as well as promoting the UK’s broader cultural offer in terms of arts, music and sport.
The successful candidate will be highly proactive and willing to contribute creative ideas and will be willing to learn a lot through hands-on experience. Alongside delivering communications activities, you will have opportunities to work closely alongside British diplomats across our network, including the Consul-General.
Previous experience in events management, social media, graphic design and/or video production management is preferred. You will be expected to show enthusiasm and passion for the campaigns mentioned above.
III. Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Delivery of Consulate campaigns, working with the Communications team to deliver internal and external communications activities;
- Leading on elements of the UK in Vietnam Network’s LGBTQI+ and diversity strategies;
- Assisting in the creation of promotional materials (banners, backdrops. etc.) and graphics/videos as needed;
- Assisting in Consulate event organization, and photographing/filming at events as needed;
- Translating communication materials in to Vietnamese / English for use on social media and press materials;
- Supporting the work of other teams for network resilience when needed;
- Developing the Consulate’s social media presence;
Essential on arrival:
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in Vietnamese and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting marketing/communications and event organization
- Experience in designing and creating communications and promotional materials
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task effectively
- Good team-working skills and the ability to develop productive relationships with other teams around the network
- Relevant qualification and/or relevant experience
- Familiarity with UK culture
- Experience in designing visuals for social media and producing videos
Office hours from 8.30 am – 16.45 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 15.00 pm Friday. Flexible working hours are also offered upon individual need and business operation requirement.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Vietnam Time) on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested.
(Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted. Interviewees will be assessed on the core competencies listed above. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via the system in due time.)
Indicated start date is provisional and subject to successful completion of reference and security checks.
To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
- Please check the application center regularly for any update on your application.
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT