The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Protocol, Visits and Events
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
To manage, co-ordinate and deliver visits and events in the British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City, and to co-ordinate communications activity promoting the UK’s image in the City.
This is an excellent opportunity to deliver high-profile events and activity promoting the UK’s priorities in Vietnam. You will work closely with teams across the Vietnam Network including in the Embassy in Hanoi to deliver activity. You will take ownership of event programming and logistics, working directly with local government officials, UK businesses, colleagues in London and other stakeholders. In addition you will work flexibly to support colleagues in the Consulate on cross-cutting activity.
You will also oversee comms planning for the Consulate-General, working closely with the communications team in the Embassy in Hanoi, helping to deliver the network’s ‘soft power’ strategy. You will co-ordinate and help to deliver comms activity and strategy for the Consulate-General.
You will need to be flexible and adaptable in your event planning, and alert to potential restrictions and requirements due to COVID19.
The relationship between the UK and Vietnam is growing across key areas including education, business, foreign policy and tourism. Your role will be central to amplifying the relationship across these key areas.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
The jobholder will be responsible for:
Events and Visits
- Operational lead for the delivery of inward visits and events for the British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City; including working with colleagues to design visit and event programmes; coordinating logistical details, including transport plans; and coordinating briefing packs.
- Leading on protocol issues for inward visits including liaison with the External Relations office, airport and other local authorities.
- Planning, organising and coordinating a range of Consulate and UKinVietnam public events, including business receptions, corporate activity and the annual Queen’s Birthday Party.
- Planning, organising, coordinating and managing external events and budgets connected to the GREAT Campaign in Vietnam.
- Liaising with venues, suppliers, sponsors to collect quotes
- Ensuring sufficient monitoring and evaluating mechanisms are in place and drawing together lessons learned and next steps reports.
- Ownership of guests lists for events – issuing invitations and collating responses.
- Lead on communications planning for Ho Chi Minh City, working closely with the comms leads in Hanoi.
- Ensure that the Consulate-General’s objectives and activity are well-promoted using a variety of online and traditional media, including engaging with local journalists and bloggers.
- Support the Consulate leadership with comms activity, and develop proposals for cross-cutting communications campaigns.
- Support DIT and development colleague with sector communications strategies. Co-ordinate comms inputs from colleagues to inform overall communications planning.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):Potential line management of interns. Budgets vary but up to £150,000 of GREAT campaign funding has previously been secured.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluent spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Organisation and time management skills
- Customer focus and attention to detail
- Ability to work creatively without close supervision
- Problem solving skills and the ability to deliver under pressure
- Good communications and networking skills
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of using social media in a professional context.
- Experience of project management and communications strategy.
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
Application deadline : 21 October 2020
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week: 35
Duration of Post : 12 months
Region: Asia Pacific
Location (City): Ho Chi Minh City
Type of Post : British Consulate General
Number of vacancies : 1
Starting monthly salary (VND) : 24,948,593
Start Date : 16 November 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
The British Consulate is committed to being a learning and development organisation and encourages all staff to pursue continued learning and development in the workplace. We offer a supportive and friendly working environment where staff work to the values of: integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality. Everyone is encouraged to take responsibility, be innovative and work together.
The British Consulate-General supports and promotes flexible working. The standard working hours for the BCG are 8:45am to 5:00pm (Mon-Thurs) and (08:45-15:00) Fri. We are happy to offer a variety of flexible working patterns, including non-standard working hours, working remotely or working compressed hours. However, due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement for occasional out of hours work around events and visits. Time off in lieu can be offered to make up for out of hours work.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General Ho Chi Minh is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible subject to successful security clearance.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)