Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
World Bank Group Context
Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world's largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
The East Asia and Pacific Region presents a dramatic illustration of the principal global dynamics, opportunities and risks of the 21st century. After making the fastest progress in growth and poverty reduction of any region around the world in the last quarter century, some countries in the region are poised to become middle-income, and others are preparing to join the small group of high-income countries. Such rapid transformation is leading to the largest shift in rural-to-urban population in human history, generating rising inequality within and across countries, while leaving some countries, sub-national regions and groups behind. The continuing global financial crisis also threatens the sustainability of the gains with countries across the region being forced to address the resulting impacts on macroeconomic stability, economic growth, employment and poverty.
Thailand stood out in Southeast Asia for its strong social, policy, and administrative stability and security throughout the second half of the 20th century, which paved the way for rapid social and economic development into the 21st century.By contrast, the country’s political governance has been marked by significant volatility and frequent extra-constitutional changes of government. Since the coup in May 2014, the political outlook has been broadly stable, the royal transition proceeded smoothly, and national elections are currently expected in the first part of 2019. Economic growth has accelerated from an average of 2.3 percent in 2014-2016 to around 4% in 2017-2018. Strong exports and a fiscal stimulus, much of it for public infrastructure investments, are the key drivers of growth. Still sluggish private consumption and investment remain a challenge. Thailand is taking a keen interest and a leading role in promoting regional integration, and is an important source of cross-border investments for neighboring countries. Inequality has been declining slowly, but remains high: the Northeast and deep South are lagging; with an ongoing conflict in Southern Thailand contributing to poverty in the area. A new 20 Year National Strategy (2017-2036) has been developed, with a vision to lift Thailand from low-tech, labor-intensive sectors to higher value-added and technologically advanced activities, propelling Thailand towards becoming an innovative, knowledge-based economy.
The BMPT Country Management Unit (CMU), manages the World Bank’s programs in Brunei, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand, four dynamic countries in South East Asia. There is considerable variation in the program across the four countries – the Philippines continues as an IBRD Borrower with a strong analytical and technical assistance program; Thailand has a new and growing RAS program and a number of trust funded operations; Malaysia is the home of a Malaysia-government financed WBG Knowledge and Research Hub and an established RAS program; and Brunei is a high income country with an emerging RAS program. The common thread is the importance of the knowledge partnership among the Bank and the host governments and other partners. This knowledge partnership is vibrant and innovative and has exciting potential to bring the development experience of all four countries to the client.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Executive Assistant will be a core member of the World Bank Group Office in Thailand and will function under the overall supervision of the Country Manager.
His/her specific duties and accountabilities will comprise the following areas:
* Manages schedule, organizes and coordinates relevant briefing or background material for meetings. Screens and prioritizes incoming correspondence and messages, independently responding to extensive and diverse inquiries, liaising with others and making independent decisions when multiple courses of actions are required.
* Handle administrative and logistical arrangements for various events, such as senior official visit, visiting missions, conferences, workshops, retreats. Ensures timely submission and review of briefing materials and appropriate follow-up actions.
* Initiates and coordinates all aspects of the Country Manager’s travel schedule (i.e. ticket and hotel reservations, visa requests, etc.) including coordinating the travel and protocol needs.
* Drafts correspondence and prepares and ensures adherence to administrative guidelines and overall quality of outputs requiring the Country Manager’s signature.
Responsible for minute taking at Office Management Team meetings, Crisis Management Team and other meetings, as necessary
* Provides general research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data and independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
* Establishes and maintains relevant files and databases for the Country Office. Ensure project documents filed according to regional standard.
* Provides administrative and logistical support for office management and maintenance, including official travel arrangements, maintaining and ordering the inventories of office supplies and other assets etc.
* Supports and works collaboratively with members of the immediate work team as well as with others in diverse work groups/teams/task forces, across Bank Group offices.
* Monitor communications between task teams in Washington and Philippines, and facilitate continuous and frequent flow of information.
* Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of delivery, organization and coordination of office administrative support work.
* Responsible for maintaining overview of the Administrative and Client Service (ACS) staff work program and workload by collaborating and coordinating with task team members on scheduling and resolving work priorities, and coordinating ACS back-up and leave plan.
* Provides overall guidance and feedback to ACS staff and provide input to their performance evaluations as needed. Play a leadership role with respect to all issues related to ACS.
* Serves as ACS Learning Coordinator, coordinating ACS learning plan and serve as the member the ACS Learning Committee
* Additional ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by the Country Manager.
* High School Certificate/Diploma with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience or Bachelor degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to interact diplomatically with clients and staff at all levels, recognized ability to exercise good judgment in interpersonal dealings at all levels and in handling confidential information
* Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills
* Effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area.
* Excellent verbal and writing/editing skills in English and Thai
* Excellent skill in preparing PowerPoint and other visual presentation
* Prior work experience in an international environment is an advantage
* Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems
Competencies (level GC):
* Technology and systems knowledge - Exhibits excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and proficiency of technology or/and systems relevant to functional area. Able to coach less experienced staff on relevant technology and systems.
* Project and task management - Able to undertake diverse and complex assignments with minimal supervision and resolve competing demands. Demonstrates good organizational skills, can plan and prioritize own work and work of internal clients (e.g. manage manager's calendar).
* Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and understanding of institutional priorities, policies, operational and administrative procedures, and people. Able to practically apply and guide others in policy application.
* Versatility and adaptability - Demonstrates initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology. Is able proactively identify, prevent and/or solve problems. Able to participate in change activities and initiatives.
* Team Leadership (ACS) - Able to provide support to team members, giving instructions when necessary to improve work performance and promote collaboration within team. Able to organize and/or conduct training for team members on procedures, policies and work activities.
* Client Orientation - Able to interact with clients with discretion and diplomacy. Demonstrates ability to resolve complex client related issues. Displays understanding of relevant internal and external factors and their impact to the client.
* Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
* Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
* Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Able to communicate in a constructive and professional manner. Can assist in the preparation of written materials in accordance with WB administrative guidelines and best practices. Able to contribute to unit's knowledge sharing.
* Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Able to effectively and independently provide general research support. Demonstrates ability to assess situation, and make sound judgment on action needed.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Application link: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=10187&site=1
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất