Expert to conduct a rapid assessment on rule of law
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract (USAID Learns). The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaboration, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI is seeking a local expert to provide support to a rapid landscape analysis that will be led by USAID Economic Growth Development Objectives (DO1). The rapid assessment will focus on alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms, specifically commercial/trade and investment arbitration and mediation, in Vietnam
**Please Note: Candidates are required to be Vietnamese citizens residing in Vietnam.**
The expert will be expected to provide the following support:
- Arranging key-informant interviews
- Joining USAID technical staff in conducting interviews
- Preparing interview questionnaires and meeting notes
- Providing technical inputs and in-depth analysis for a desk review on international best practices, legislations and regulations
- Co-develop stakeholder and donors analysis with USAID technical staff
- Co-develop recommendations with USAID technical staff
- Provide inputs for the final assessment report
Expected deliverables include meeting notes, introduction of international best practices, findings on stakeholder and donor analysis, and key recommendations.
Level of Effort (LOE): Up to 20 days.
Desired start date: July 15, 2021
Timeframe: From start date until September 2021
- Master’s degree in a discipline related to laws, economics, public policy or other relevant fields
- Have experience with ADR especially commercial/trade and investment arbitration and mediation
- Have experience conducting key informant interviews and analyzing the resulting data
- Knowledge of the operating environment in Vietnam is preferred
- Experience working with USAID funded activities is a plus
- Fluency in Vietnamese and high-level professional proficiency in English (writing, speaking, and reading).
The closing date for application: 05 July 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation